SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Attorney General Mark Herring, in advisory opinion, says 'Second Amendment Sanctuaries' have 'no legal effect'

And unconstitutional laws are null and void and thus have no legal effect, see Marbury vs Madison (1803).

I suppose the Bloomberg funded clowns think they can ignore both the US and Virginia Constitutions in their entirety, as well as the history and purpose of the "right to keep and bear arms" and they will get a pass. I am skeptical.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Fuck black-face Mark Herring. He refused to defend Virginia's gay marriage ban when he was obligated by law to do so - because he decided unilaterally that it was unconstitutional.

quote:

“Attorney General Herring’s opinion is interesting, as it directly contradicts his own statements and actions regarding the supremacy of state law over the preferences of the officials who must enforce them.

In 2014, Herring declined to defend Virginia law in state court, despite a statutory duty to do so. He told the Richmond Times Dispatch [delegatetoddgilbert.us16.list-manage.com] ‘…If I think the laws are adopted and constitutional, (then) I will defend them…’

His opinion today notes that ‘it has long been the indisputable and clear function of the courts … to pass upon the constitutionality of legislative acts.’ This not only conflicts with his previous statement about his own conduct, but also the position of a number of Democratic Commonwealth’s Attorneys regarding prosecution of marijuana possession.”

House Majority Leader Todd Gilbert (R-Shenandoah)

Mark Herring is a hypocrite.

We will not comply.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We are making noise. Made front page of Fox News. Smile

More than 100 Virginia cities, counties declare themselves gun sanctuaries as Dems prepare to take legislature

PS count is now at 111 total municipalities and 85/95 counties. Yes Virginia, there is a 2nd Amendment.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh dear momma - I just fell in love with the Culpeper County Sheriff -

He pledged to potentially "deputize" thousands of residents in his county if these 'gun control' laws pass...as adjunct deputy sheriffs.

I had not thought about that...but if the Spotsylvania County Sheriff offers that (as EVERY Sheriff in Virginia should), I would happily submit my application.

Bound to make a Democrat's head spin faster than a new Trump tweet.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
Oh dear momma - I just fell in love with the Culpeper County Sheriff -

Yeah, those Jenkins boys are stand up fellas. I know quite a few from the area and all of them are salt of the Earth types.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't overlook setting up county wide organized militias. Tazewell County has already implemented
this.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/e...inia-gun-laws/370026

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNpyWEEzuZs

Good chat with Mrgunsngear and VCDL President.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You folks in Virginia need some help, I'm sure a lot of us would like to visit your beautiful state. Virginia would make a excellent
staging area should future events require a million man demonstration or such. Do not give in, help is standing buy!
How goes Virginia, goes the rest of the country

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was explaining to a friend recently Virginia is in many ways a small version of the US if you look at it geographically. You have a few liberal leaning to VERY liberal highly populated metropolis areas surrounded and I mean surrounded by an overwhelming majority of conservative counties. You can look at a map and see mostly red and wonder how the Dems won.

Virginia is very important. 10RFAST is right how goes Virginia, goes the rest of the country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 104RFAST:
You folks in Virginia need some help, I'm sure a lot of us would like to visit your beautiful state. Virginia would make a excellent staging area should future events require a million man demonstration or such. Do not give in, help is standing by!

Y'all come to Richmond on January 20 for VCDL Lobby Day.

Facebook link: https://tiny.cc/lobbyday2020

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A long, long time ago (actually, not that long, just 1863), WEST VIRGINIA came to be.

For good reason.

Fast forward to 2020, we need to split again and introduce South Virginia. No kidding. Bottle North Virginia up to include those B*** Sh** liberals spilling over from the 5+ million people in and around D.C. and let them have "Virginia". Everything not Loudon/Fairfax/Prince William Counties would become South Virginia. (we can run the Richmond liberals out of town on a rail).

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
wcb6092 posted above about county militias.

I looked at the link, and then looked up the Virginia constitution

Article I Bill of Rights

Section 13 Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power.

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ;

that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/c.../article1/section13/

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
A long, long time ago (actually, not that long, just 1863), WEST VIRGINIA came to be.

For good reason.

Fast forward to 2020, we need to split again and introduce South Virginia. No kidding. Bottle North Virginia up to include those B*** Sh** liberals spilling over from the 5+ million people in and around D.C. and let them have "Virginia". Everything not Loudon/Fairfax/Prince William Counties would become South Virginia. (we can run the Richmond liberals out of town on a rail).
Nah, simple ceed Loudon/Fairfax/Prince William Counties to DC where their vote no longer counts.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Looks like the proposed 'law' is a violation of the pact. Hold firm gentlemen!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

For good reason.

Nah, simple ceed Loudon/Fairfax/Prince William Counties to DC where their vote no longer counts.

I like your thinking!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
And build a wall around NoVA, extend it along the Maryland border.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
wcb6092 posted above about county militias.

I looked at the link, and then looked up the Virginia constitution

Article I Bill of Rights

Section 13 Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power.

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ;

that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/c.../article1/section13/

One problem is that the Unorganized Militia (us) falls under the command of the Governor § 44-85 & § 44-86 and you can be Court Marshalled for not following his orders.

VA §44 - Military Laws of Virginia

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

For good reason.

Don't forget Arlington County! Wink

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by 104RFAST:
You folks in Virginia need some help, I'm sure a lot of us would like to visit your beautiful state. Virginia would make a excellent staging area should future events require a million man demonstration or such. Do not give in, help is standing by!

Y'all come to Richmond on January 20 for VCDL Lobby Day.

Facebook link: https://tiny.cc/lobbyday2020

This the a huge rally. We'd love any out-of-staters that want to come for some comradery.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have been following New Zealand's recent gun "confiscation" ,this would be the Democrats and liberals dream for this to happen here.

Our founders were so wise to install safeguards against tyrannical governmentd in our laws, compared to other countries who don't have these rights. Here is the New Zealand's Prime Minister statement:

"Owning a firearm is a privilege not a right," New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said in September as the country's parliament considered new gun control laws. "We absolutely recognize there is a legitimate need in our communities to be able to access guns, particularly our rural community, but what these changes do is recognize that actually there's a real responsibility that comes with gun ownership."

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post