SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Meetings in Montgomery and Pulaski counties tonight. I hope they're packed and overflowing.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Some VA political hacks want to mobilize the National Guard in VA to enforce the coming gun bans in a LEO capacity.

https://wset.com/news/at-the-c...ional-guard-responds

https://wset.com/news/at-the-c...ional-guard-responds

If I'm reading between the lines, I can't tell which side of the fence this General is on, or if he even cares. I understand the requirements of his position in this regard, but is he sending a signal one way or the other in this piece ? He sounds like a 2A person, but I can't tell for sure, nor how far he would go before he would tell the politicians in Richmond to pound sand when the Governor orders him to go door to door hunting for previously legal guns. VA has citizens who would start a gunfight with the National Guard. They would say FU and start shooting. For many citizens in VA it's more or less that simple. I hope this shit backfires big time on the Governor and State houses.

I read that "statement" and my first thought was, "Damn, another political POS that does not have the guts or integrity to stand up for what is blatantly RIGHT!"

But then, how many of our flag grade officers (reserves, guards, active duty) have the balls to stand up and speak against blatantly anti-American crap like this going on in Virginia?

Remember how many of them were put in place by the previous administration.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Meetings in Montgomery and Pulaski counties tonight. I hope they're packed and overflowing.

I hope they join the resistance. I’d love to see the entire western half of the state flying an “up yours Northam” flag. Only Albemarle and a few cities ruining the map. Sure wish we could break off and join WV.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:... Wahoo, Para is going to John Conner this thing!

Each of us is John Conner.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have several family members in the military from Delta to the VA NG.

I have asked each of them privately what would they do if asked/commanded to confiscate guns from otherwise law abiding citizens.

To a person they each said that their oath was to uphold the Constitution of the United States and if they felt they received an unlawful order they would refuse to obey it. They specifically said they would not obey any such order to remove guns from private citizens.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I’d love to see the entire western half of the state flying an “up yours Northam” flag.

I've got space on my porch for another flag. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
th was to uphold the Constitution of the United States

I just emailed my board to ask about making Fairfax a sanctuary city, here is the response:

Mr. Esposita,

Thank you for contacting my office. This is in response to your request that the Board of Supervisors declare Fairfax County a Second Amendment Sanctuary. I can assure you that Fairfax County respects the rights of all county residents under the U.S. constitution, including Second Amendment rights. The Board of Supervisors also supports laws that address gun violence in Virginia through common sense gun safety measures. I believe the effort to declare Second Amendment Sanctuary counties is inconsistent with that goal and, therefore, I do not support it.

John

John W. Foust

Dranesville District Supervisor

McLean Governmental Center

1437 Balls Hill Road

McLean, VA 22101

PH: 703-356-0551
FAX: 703-821-4275

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, Mr. Foust, we do not support you.

This isn't about your beliefs, it's about our rights.

God bless America.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
None of their shit is common sense, none of it will change anything. People like Mr. Foust need to be removed from office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aesposita:

I just emailed my board to ask about making Fairfax a sanctuary city, here is the response:

Mr. Esposita,

Thank you for contacting my office. This is in response to your request that the Board of Supervisors declare Fairfax County a Second Amendment Sanctuary. I can assure you that Fairfax County respects the rights of all county residents under the U.S. constitution, including Second Amendment rights. The Board of Supervisors also supports laws that address gun violence in Virginia through common sense gun safety measures. I believe the effort to declare Second Amendment Sanctuary counties is inconsistent with that goal and, therefore, I do not support it.
My political handlers from the DNC say no.

John

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I’d love to see the entire western half of the state flying an “up yours Northam” flag.

I've got space on my porch for another flag. Wink

So do we!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Board of Supervisors also supports laws that address gun violence in Virginia through common sense gun safety measures.

More gun stealer BS. Common sense gun control is just more "stealer" BS for confiscation.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Finally someone posted a link in my local 2A group from our meeting two weeks ago. I want you guys to see what kind of uphill battle we face in my county, and this is before the board flips 6-3 D next month, including the chick that flipped off the President so famously a while back.

Watch from 26:00 to see our POS Chairman Phyllis Randell refuse to take off her Mom's Demand Action button during a BoS meeting.

WOW...How did she become Chairman??

I have had problems with the Fire Department, Dog Warden, and Sheriff's Department. Only one Deputy Sheriff was helping me with the trespassing and vandalizing and he got transferred to another district.

I have heard nothing but excuses for not doing their job. In a private company, some of these people would be fired. It is become a sad state of affairs. I hope I am out of here in another year.

But I will write her a letter of the past goings on over the last 40 years. And yes I keep a log with dates, names, pictures and some videos and emails...all documented. And a copy goes to the VA Supreme Court Judge.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Virginians;Spanberger need to go. She is for taking away your 2nd amendment rights and impeaching President Trump.

Spanberger says she will vote to impeach Trump

https://www.richmond.com/news/...9c-c5f18960f997.html

Virginia Rep. Abigail Spanberger, D-7th, said Monday that she is planning to support the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

Spanberger, a former CIA officer, said in a statement that after reviewing the findings of the investigation and evidence, she believes the president abused the power of his office by “soliciting foreign interference in the 2020 election” and obstructed the congressional inquiry.

“This vote is about more than one man’s abuse of power; it is about the power of the presidency and whether we, as citizens, can expect that our elected officials, and most powerfully, our president, will fulfill their obligation to uphold the Constitution,” she said in a written statement.

“It is with a heavy heart, a solemn devotion to our Constitution, and a deep belief in our country that I believe we must pursue this remedy.”

The House is expected to vote Wednesday or Thursday on the two articles of impeachment against Trump — charging abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — related to his administration’s dealings with Ukrainian officials.

Spanberger had been among a few congressional Democrats in swing districts who for months held off on supporting the president’s impeachment. In September, she publicly backed a congressional investigation into the president after a whistleblower claimed improper conduct by Trump and other administration officials.

Spanberger’s votes are drawing national attention because Trump carried the 7th District three years ago. Spanberger was elected by about 2 percentage points in 2018 in a district that Trump had carried by 6.5 points in 2016.

Spanberger won the seat in 2018 by running up sizable margins in Henrico and Chesterfield counties while trailing in the district’s eight rural counties. The district stretches from Culpeper County south to Nottoway County.

Earlier Monday, a small group of protesters gathered outside the Virginia Capitol in Richmond to decry the ongoing impeachment process against Trump and the role of Spanberger and Rep. Elaine Luria, D-2nd, another freshman Democrat with a national security background who represents a swing district. Luria, a former U.S. Navy commander, also plans to back impeachment.

The rally particularly focused on Spanberger.

“I’m out here this morning with a lot of great Republicans, great Virginians, who are calling on Congress generally, and Abigail Spanberger specifically, to stop the madness,” said Republican Party of Virginia Chairman Jack Wilson, speaking to a group of about 20 attendees and reporters. “We’re calling on her and every other congressmen and women stop this madness, get back to work for the American people.”

On Tuesday, activists who support impeachment plan to rally outside the Richmond office of Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., as part of a series of nationwide “Nobody Is Above the Law” rallies.

Republicans are eyeing Spanberger’s seat as a potential pickup in 2020, a high-turnout election in which they expect Trump to again lead the Republican ticket. Spanberger unseated Rep. Dave Brat, R-7th, in 2018.

Monday’s rally featured five Republicans competing for the nomination to run against Spanberger: Del. Nick Freitas, R-Culpeper; Del. John McGuire, R-Henrico; Andrew Knaggs, a former Trump defense official; Tina Ramirez, the president of a nonprofit that promotes religious freedom in other countries; and Jason Roberge, a Coast Guard veteran and lawyer.

“We need a congressperson that’s going to represent the district,” McGuire said, adding that Spanberger ran on a “reach across the aisle” message that he said is not embodied in her support for impeachment. “She says one thing in the district and does something different in D.C.”

Roberge challenged the reliability of witnesses that Democrats have presented publicly, and called on the whistleblower who first levied claims against Trump to speak publicly.

Freitas echoed those sentiments. “She lent her weight to an impeachment process which is not based on overwhelming evidence,” Freitas said.

Freitas said in a statement Monday evening: “With today’s announcement, Abigail is fully committing to dumping her ‘moderate’ facade and showing us that she is a radical Democrat who will talk a good game to the voters but will vote how leadership wants, regardless of how her constituents feel about it.”

Ramirez said at the rally, “Trump is getting the job done,” and said the voters in the 7th District don’t want to see Trump impeached.

Knaggs also spoke in favor of Trump’s performance in office. “You said that you were going to be independently minded,” Knaggs said of Spanberger. “Our president has kept his promises; you keep yours. Stand up to your own party, if you can.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is with a heavy heart, a solemn devotion to our Constitution, and a deep belief in our country that I believe we must pursue this remedy.”

Nice hypocrisy, bitch.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
It is with a heavy heart, a solemn devotion to our Constitution, and a deep belief in our country that I believe we must pursue this remedy.”

Nice hypocrisy, bitch.

Maybe she can pray for our President like Nancy P?

If given the chance to, I recommend people to look at Nick Frietas, everything I've seen from him says he's a decent candidate.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, friends, as of a half-hour ago, people were still lining up to speak at the Montgomery County meeting. I haven't heard yet what happened in Pulaski County. It's well past bedtime, and I'll check in again tomorrow.

- - -

Edit: looks like Pulaski County passed the resolution.

God bless America.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, friends, as of a half-hour ago, people were still lining up to speak at the Montgomery County meeting. I haven't heard yet what happened in Pulaski County. It's well past bedtime, and I'll check in again tomorrow.

- - -

Edit: looks like Pulaski County passed the resolution.

Yay! One the way to 100.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
My local news is just mentioned that Montgomery County approved a 2A sanctuary resolution last night. Cool

Lt. governor Justin Fairfax appears to be toeing the Dem line, stating that the sanctuary push doesn't change his mind about further gun control. Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Lawful gun owners need to keep pushing the fact that so few deaths nationally are attributed to long guns, much less evil black ones. Keep calling the liars out for what they are and exposing the agenda being driven by Bloomberg. A guy that isn’t even FROM Virginia.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post