SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
What percentage of the enforcement are itching to boog with civilians?
"boog" has been set as a trigger word. If you post it from this point on, your post will not reach this forum. It'll get queued up for review and then, I'll just dump your post. I want you guys to cease using such idiotic terms in this forum. "boog" and "boogaloo"- I don't know where this idiotic shit came from so suddenly, but these words will not appear on the pages of this forum ever again. It makes me cringe just to type out these ridiculous terms.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Dems planned to push a very draconian AWB ver 2.0 as a negotiation tactic. Start out hard lined and back off a bit to seem reasonable. Then try to meet somewhere in the middle to appear like you are doing something. I bet this is their strategy.

I don’t think they expected anywhere near this amount of pushback but they can still backpedal and try to appear reasonable. This is a trap and I hope Virginians call them out and refuse to negotiate away ANY more of their liberty for a false sense of security.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
some of you pointed this out to me (thanks!):

VCDL is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that lobbies the General Assembly to oppose or promote gun bills that affect our right to keep and bear arms, surveys candidates, serves as a watchdog for government illegally infringing on our gun rights, and educates gun owners. Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.

VCDL-PAC is a Political Action Committee, which is only active during election years and has a sole mission to help elect candidates that support our gun rights. Unlike VCDL, VCDL-PAC can be partisan and can endorse candidates. Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.

By law, VCDL and VCDL-PAC must each raise their own funds. VCDL cannot give any money to VCDL-PAC.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The VCDL has done a tremendous job in Fairfax County. In the old days, you had to get permission to buy a gun in Fairfax County.

I bought a lot of guns from the Hermit Sporting Goods store back then. Then when the SW 629 came out, they wouldn't give approval so I had the gun shipped to Loudoun County and picked it up there. Their excuse was we don't think you need it.

They are very liberal and covered up a murder case in my neighborhood as a suicide which was on National TV....Case Closed, Unsolved Mystery and another show. The parents fought tooth and nail and got no where. The mother died of cancer due to the stress about 10 years later and the father died about 3 years after his wife. Very sad to see this go on and no justice. I almost bought the house diagonally across from them.

I have one neighbor that has destroyed over $17k worth of property plus other vandalism and they do nothing. I had to get a carry permit because he is dangerous.

But they charged me for parking in front of my house (can't park within 7 feet of the driveway)they could have given my a warning on a stupid law, got a warning when 82 Buick stalled on hill and wouldn't start right away which resulted in tying up two lanes of Rt 50 for 15 minutes, tried to change me for making a right turn on red at the same time, third ticket for driving over fog line while exit lane was being blocked by people failing to yield-right-of-way.

Several people have been shot and killed which resulted in the County being sued. Some of the officers are very professional but others are as green as they come. Having lived all over the country, it is very discouraging to see what is going on in VA. Some of the traffic laws are even worst for out-of-state drivers.

I have reported various crimes in my neighborhood but they fail to respond. Some of the crimes are felonies. This is a very bad sign for things to come. The LEAA studies back in the 70's showed that minor crimes lead to major crimes when laws are not enforced. I see this in three areas that I have property.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
There is another petition circulating. This one is to recall Northam.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I wonder if the Dems planned to push a very draconian AWB ver 2.0 as a negotiation tactic. Start out hard lined and back off a bit to seem reasonable. Then try to meet somewhere in the middle to appear like you are doing something. I bet this is their strategy.

I don’t think they expected anywhere near this amount of pushback but they can still backpedal and try to appear reasonable. This is a trap and I hope Virginians call them out and refuse to negotiate away ANY more of their liberty for a false sense of security.

No, that may end up being their strategy, but that is not how this started.

They have been in the minority in the state government for years. After the shootings in Virginia Beach in May Northam and the dems started pandering to their base by announcing all of these extreme laws that they knew had ZERO chance of being voted in. It allowed them to whip up their base and show how much they 'cared' and how the evil, mean republicans were blocking them from confiscating all of the evil guns. Northam called a special session and all of the nonsense was dismissed by the Republican controlled House.

Now that they are in power, their bluff has been called. They can't back down because their base will be enraged and they also know that they are pushing the line with a majority of the state against their confiscation push.

Their only out now is to try to appear 'reasonable' by 'compromising' and trying to paint the people who support the constitution as extremists. They have painted themselves into a corner.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Look what you’ve started! New Jersey of all places!!

N.J. town declares itself a sanctuary for 2nd Amendment. ‘We’re gun-friendly.’

https://www.nj.com/passaic-cou...r-2nd-amendment.html

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Look what you’ve started! New Jersey of all places!!

N.J. town declares itself a sanctuary for 2nd Amendment. ‘We’re gun-friendly.’

https://www.nj.com/passaic-cou...r-2nd-amendment.html

Good I hope it starts a movement that all local governments speak up and say fuck you, we follow the US Constitution.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

No, that may end up being their strategy, but that is not how this started.

They have been in the minority in the state government for years. After the shootings in Virginia Beach in May Northam and the dems started pandering to their base by announcing all of these extreme laws that they knew had ZERO chance of being voted in. It allowed them to whip up their base and show how much they 'cared' and how the evil, mean republicans were blocking them from confiscating all of the evil guns. Northam called a special session and all of the nonsense was dismissed by the Republican controlled House.

Now that they are in power, their bluff has been called. They can't back down because their base will be enraged and they also know that they are pushing the line with a majority of the state against their confiscation push.

Their only out now is to try to appear 'reasonable' by 'compromising' and trying to paint the people who support the constitution as extremists. They have painted themselves into a corner.

I'm not sure where you are in Virginia. But in southeast Virginia, only one person ran on gun control, dem candidate Missy Cotter Smasal, and she lost. In SE Va, the liberal crowd ran almost exclusively on health insurance and pre-existing conditions. They didn't even run on their extreme abortion agenda. They kept their evil to themselves. The only thing we saw here in SE Virginia was who had voted for expanding Medicare and who would force insurers to cover pre-existing conditions. No one ran on gun control.

When dems say Virginians voted for gun control - they lie.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
It's my intention to make Virginia lawmakers aware of the history of the commonwealth. To wit:

George Mason (who has a university named after him, where the Scalia School of Law is located), was the primary author of the Virginia Constitution. A constitution which, by the way, preceded the U. S. Constitution by nearly 12 years. Mason refused to sign the original U. S. Constitution because he felt it did not adequately protect U.S. citizens without a Bill of Rights. Since no Bill of Rights was intended to be added before the document was ratified, he chose not to sign the Constitution (source: https://gunstonhall.org/learn/...d-the-constitution/).

Article I, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution states,
quote:
Article I. Bill of Rights
Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

I have bolded the specific wording that formed the basis of the Second Amendment. "The body of the people" is us. If there is any legislating to be done regarding either the Second Amendment or Article I, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution, it would be to require training in the use of arms. Guess what? This is already a requirement to obtain a concealed carry permit in Virginia.

So, LAY THE FUCK OFF OUR GUNS, you fascists!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
I'm not sure where you are in Virginia. But in southeast Virginia, only one person ran on gun control, dem candidate Missy Cotter Smasal, and she lost. In SE Va, the liberal crowd ran almost exclusively on health insurance and pre-existing conditions. They didn't even run on their extreme abortion agenda. They kept their evil to themselves. The only thing we saw here in SE Virginia was who had voted for expanding Medicare and who would force insurers to cover pre-existing conditions. No one ran on gun control.

When dems say Virginians voted for gun control - they lie.

SW Virginia and now south central VA. Yes, you are correct - no dems even ran in my home county in SW VA, they certainly wouldn't mention gun control if they did. They have backed themselves into a corner by pandering to their base after the VA Beach shooting.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am sure Northam will have the state motto "Sic Semper Tyrannis" erased since it will be considered hostile/threatening to his administration.

Posts: 100 | Registered: February 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

Article I, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution states,
quote:
Article I. Bill of Rights
Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Perhaps we could have a batch of post cards printed with that and mailed to each Virginia legislator's office... oh, say, every other day?

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
The following is from TBE The Blue Elephant.

Link to Original

The Virginia National Guard Will Not Turn Their Rifles Against the People

written by Guest Contributor Sen. Dick Black December 14, 2019

Liberals do not understand the National Guard. These are citizen soldiers, and there are few effective tools for enforcing mass discipline. Democrats want the Virginia National Guard to enforce anti-gun laws by turning their rifles against the people. The Guard will not do so.

Do Democrats really expect guardsmen to arrest recalcitrant deputy sheriffs and police officers? Do they expect guardsmen to smash down doors and confiscate citizens’ guns? Fat chance.

Remember, the Virginia National Guard is sworn to uphold the U.S. and Virginia Constitutions. And it is a complete defense if a soldier refuses to obey an unlawful or unconstitutional order. Democrats are delusional if they think these guys will turn against their neighbors and violate their oaths.

Michael Bloomberg thinks he has crowned Ralph Northam the new King George. But Northam lacks the practical power to employ military force against Virginia. The Guard is sensitive to the backlash they faced after firing on students at Kent State during the Vietnam War. They won’t go through that ordeal again.

Here’s the way it works. As long as the guard has the affection and public support of the people, they will follow orders. But if Governor Northam turns armed troops against our citizens, the Guard will simply dissolve.

If Virginia’s citizen soldiers are ordered to turn their rifles on the people, they will refuse to do so. The National Guard will not report for duty in order to march on the People. They will never turn their guns on law-abiding Virginians, no matter how much the Democrats want them to.

[Senator Black served as Chief of the Criminal Law Division, Office of the Judge Advocate General at the Pentagon from 1992-94.]

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Virginia National Guard is comprised of Citizen/Soldiers. They have to live and work among their fellow citizens.Very few would be willing to follow through with orders to disarm or injure other citizens.

Posts: 12659 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Sic Semper Tyrannis Northam

I ordered one of these from Amazon.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if President Trump can make an executive order and claim the WHOLE United States a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Country and announce National Reciprocity. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Tenth Amendment might be a problem with that.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
Sic Semper Tyrannis Northam

I ordered one of these from Amazon.

I love it! I have to go to Kommifornia next month. I hope to wear one there as I try to escape travel around.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post