SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, GCA '68 was passed more than 50 years ago. That ship has sailed.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Precisely 100% of democrats have to be on board to pass any gun legislation. The dems have a 1 seat advantage in the state house. There are more than a few dems in conservative areas that won't support much more than universal background checks.

Virginia's dems may be completely dishonest, but they aren't stupid. They know they've smacked a hornets nest.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I was at Westmoreland tonight. Estimated 300 inside (sheriff deputy). 150-200 outside.

I was outside. Left after 2 hours (31 deg)

VCDL reporting Westmoreland is now 2A Sanctuary Cty.

Count is up to 80.

https://wtkr.com/2019/12/11/go...nt-enforce-gun-laws/

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Gov. Ralph Northam said Wednesday localities could face consequences if law enforcement officers don't enforce gun laws.

When asked by a reporter if local governments would face retaliation for declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, Northam responded, "There's not going to be retaliation. That's not what I'm about. I'm about making Virginia safer."

Northam continued, "If we have constitutional laws on the books and law enforcement officers are not enforcing those laws on the books, then there are going to be consequences, but I'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it."

Northam did not offer specifics on what the potential consequences would be.

Local government meetings continue to be packed across the state with residents calling on their local governments to declare themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries.

On Tuesday night, Chesapeake City Council members voted unanimously to become a "Second Amendment constitutional city."

Northam pushed back on all of resolutions being passed, saying all laws that he personally has proposed are Constitutional. "We're not going to take people's guns away," he said.

He also said the sanctuaries are having an effect on businesses thinking about investing here. "They have concerns when they hear localities are not going to enforce the laws of the land, so I would say be careful what you're asking for," he said.

Northam noted how Democrats took control of the General Assembly, partly because of the issue of guns. "They can continue to have their meetings. They can continue to make sanctuary counties, but we're going to do what Virginians have asked us to do," he said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

from having attended 2 Board of Supervisor sessions, I can tell you the crowds showing up are in a "take no prisoners" mood.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Rockingham County unanimously approved becoming a 2nd Amendment sanctuary. They released a draft resolution that didn’t specify being a sanctuary and we lit up their phones and emails like the hand of an angry god. A revision was quickly released and it also included the sheriff and commonwealth attorney by name.

There were over 3000 people at the meeting and many more that couldn’t get there because the highway was a parking lot due to traffic.

I was incredibly proud until about halfway through the meeting. Three people that were opposed to the resolution were shouted down and treated very poorly. They were polite enough to sit and listen to every speaker with whom they disagreed and I felt like we owed them a like response. By the end of the meeting it was turning into an angry mob. I get it. I’m beyond pissed off that we’re being treated like this by Richmond. I feel like a far better response would’ve been dead silence after they spoke. Harassing them just hardens their resolve and makes us look like the loudmouth jerks they already think we are.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Rockingham County unanimously approved becoming a 2nd Amendment sanctuary. They released a draft resolution that didn’t specify being a sanctuary and we lit up their phones and emails like the hand of an angry god. A revision was quickly released and it also included the sheriff and commonwealth attorney by name.

There were over 3000 people at the meeting and many more that couldn’t get there because the highway was a parking lot due to traffic.

I was incredibly proud until about halfway through the meeting. Three people that were opposed to the resolution were shouted down and treated very poorly. They were polite enough to sit and listen to every speaker with whom they disagreed and I felt like we owed them a like response. By the end of the meeting it was turning into an angry mob. I get it. I’m beyond pissed off that we’re being treated like this by Richmond. I feel like a far better response would’ve been dead silence after they spoke. Harassing them just hardens their resolve and makes us look like the loudmouth jerks they already think we are.

I just read about that. Have some dignity. You treat people who believe differently than you with respect until they give you a reason not to. Shit like that just makes us look dumb.

Silence sends a bigger message than boos and jeers. If everyone applauded during pro 2A and crickets during antis the BoS and anyone watching would have gotten the message.

At my BoS meeting tonight there were 4-5 MDA supporters there. One Mom spoke and she was not moving in any way. Everyone else was Pro 2A, except one guy who said he was, but wasn't really.

Boat has sailed for us on confirmation of BoR and when the new board is sworn in it will be 6-3 D so zero chance then.

They passed tonight some further restrictions on shooting on your property and changed a law to make it easier to prosecute someone for allowing a bullet to leave their property. Thank goodness they took berm requirements off the table. I would have been pissed to fund a Berm Inspection Bureau.

I'm fighting an insurmountable enemy, but I'm not going to give up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Not exactly true. In he case of a tie in the senate the Lt Governor breaks the stalemate. Pretty sure we know how he will vote.

quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Precisely 100% of democrats have to be on board to pass any gun legislation. The dems have a 1 seat advantage in the state house. There are more than a few dems in conservative areas that won't support much more than universal background checks.

Virginia's dems may be completely dishonest, but they aren't stupid. They know they've smacked a hornets nest.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Frederick passed tonight. I think there were three people who spoke against. Everyone else was pro. Board meeting was packed, two overflow rooms, and people stood outside in the cold for hours.

VCDL says the count is now 83.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Suggesting civil war? Is this Rep really that stupid?

Rep Donald McEachin suggests using National Guard to enforce new gun laws.

The Washington Examiner

' The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution and National Guard for police who fail to enforce gun control legislation

Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill say local police who do not enforce gun control measures likely to pass in Virginia should face prosecution and even threats of the National Guard.

After November's Virginia Legislature elections that led to Democrats taking control of both chambers, the gun control legislation proposed by some Democrats moved forward, including universal background checks, an “assault weapons” ban, and a red flag law.

Legal firearm owners in the state, however, joined with their sheriffs to form Second Amendment sanctuary counties, which declare the authorities in these municipalities uphold the Second Amendment in the face of any gun control measure passed by Richmond.

Columnist Kristen Soltis Anderson on the expanded Washington Examiner magazine
Over 75 counties in Virginia have so far adopted such Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions in the commonwealth, the latest being Spotsylvania County. The board of supervisors voted unanimously to approve a resolution declaring that county police will not enforce state-level gun laws that violate Second Amendment rights.

Virginia Democratic officials, however, already say local law enforcement supporting these resolutions will face consequences if they do not carry out any law the state Legislature passes.

“I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they're prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,” Democratic Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly told the Washington Examiner of local county police who may refuse to enforce future gun control measures. “The law is the law. If that becomes the law, you don't have a choice, not if you're a sworn officer of the law.”

Democratic Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin suggested cutting off state funds to counties that do not comply with any gun control measures that pass in Richmond.

“They certainly risk funding, because if the sheriff's department is not going to enforce the law, they're going to lose money. The counties' attorneys offices are not going to have the money to prosecute because their prosecutions are going to go down,” he said.

McEachin also noted that Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam could call the National Guard, if necessary.

“And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law,” he said. “That's his call, because I don't know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that's obviously an option he has.”

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring blamed the numerous Second Amendment resolutions in the state on the “gun lobby” as a tactic to frighten state residents.

“The resolutions that are being passed are being ginned up by the gun lobby to try to scare people. What we’re talking about here are laws that will make our communities and our streets safer,” Herring told CBS 6.

“So, when Virginia passes these gun safety laws that they will be followed, they will be enforced,” he added.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Not exactly true. In he case of a tie in the senate the Lt Governor breaks the stalemate. Pretty sure we know how he will vote.

quote:

I was wrong, the dems have a 10 seat advantage in the house and a 2 seat advantage in the senate (updated numbers since last time I researched it). Still, passing draconian gun control will be tough for dems.

I do agree the new crop of progressive democrats are dangerous and many are mentally deranged. But Virginia, historically has been a democratic state. It hasn't "turned blue." It's been blue for most of its history. In fact, it "turned red" a couple of times, and that's it. We had some of the best gun laws in the country and many of those laws were signed into law by democratic governors. But, I agree. Today's democrats are different. They are, by and large, evil to the core. Preaching safety as an excuse to take away our guns, while simultaneously preaching the killing of the most innocent among us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Virginia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...a_House_of_Delegates

Now, we have to figure out how to breathe some life into the Republican Party of Virginia. Still, nothing from them since the election about, well, anything.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

He also said the sanctuaries are having an effect on businesses thinking about investing here. "They have concerns when they hear localities are not going to enforce the laws of the land, so I would say be careful what you're asking for," he said.

Well gee, GovernorKKK. Businesses had no problem investing in Virginia when it was one of the most 2A-friendly states in the union. If they're having doubts now, I lay this at YOUR feet. Yes, elections have consequences.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now, we have to figure out how to breathe some life into the Republican Party of Virginia. Still, nothing from them since the election about, well, anything.

Au contraire, mon ami. I continue to receive requests for donations from them. In fact, these robotic requests make it seem like it's business as usual. Maybe it is. Frown

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From VCDL:

1. 6 more sanctuaries on Wednesday night, now at 84 total!
2. Governor running scared, threatens sanctuary counties!

1. 6 more sanctuaries on Wednesday night, now at 84 total!
The crowds of gun owners continues to astonishing - 3,000+ in Rockingham!

As of Thursday early morning, December 12, Virginia has 84 sanctuaries! We got 6 more on Wednesday:

Brunswick County - Unanimous
Fluvanna County - 3 to 2, 500
Frederick County - Unanimous, 1,000+
Hanover County - 1 nay vote, 700+
Rockingham County - Unanimous, 3,000+, https://www.whsv.com/content/n...tuary-566110821.html
Westmoreland County - Unanimous, 500+

Status of the other localities that had meetings on Wednesday:

Chesterfield County - no vote - 1,000+ crowd, with overflow outside watching on a monitor. Around 6 antis showed up. We are going to come back in January when some new Board members are seated. This could change everything

https://wtvr.com/2019/12/11/gu...ounty-board-meeting/

Hampton - no vote - no action for now

Loudoun County - no sanctuary vote tonight, but a report on the firearm discharge ordinance vote:

2. Governor running scared, threatens sanctuary counties!
I thought we were told by gun controllers that there is nothing to the 2A Sanctuary movement?

I guess the've changed their minds and now realize the movement is quite real and very powerful.

They desperately want to stop the movement cold.

First they tried to water down SB 16 to allow grandfathering, if you register your guns, hoping people would lose interest. That didn't work - crowds grew bigger than ever. (Gun owners are the best!) Now they are trying to threaten 2A Sanctuary counties! Cities were already under threat of losing funding for their police departments. So much for the Northam Administration wanting public safety.

Things are definitely heating up, folks.

Our Dear Leader, Governor Northam, issued this veiled threat:

https://wtkr.com/2019/12/11/go...nt-enforce-gun-laws/

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Not from my county, worth watching though.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ERUE1O6V-qo

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. She gets it!

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
A big, loud, clear HELL NO to the leftist tyrants of Virginia. They must be edging from discomfort to outright fear at this point.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Excellent Video Skins. Any idea which county that was for?

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Excellent Video Skins. Any idea which county that was for?

Unfortunately no, she sounds like she from Nassau.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
great video. I'll be sharing w a lot of people

"Sharing" is something we can all do, and it is easy. Keep your friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc informed.

Most people are completely complacent and unaware of the political war going on. A very effective tactic is to collect info here, and then broadcast that info to your own personal network. Encourage them to do their own "broadcasting".

People get emboldened when they feel they are part of a larger group.

A major impact can be to get conservative / center Virginia voters out to vote.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
"never forget that the people who hid Anne Frank were breaking the law, and the people who killed her were following it". Excellent line!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post