SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wouldn't it be great if *everyone* had a unique Avatar here?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wouldn't it be great if *everyone* had a unique Avatar here? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
Ever notice a comment and think: "wtf is jones talking about...? the stress must be getting to him."

Only to then notoce that it's not jones at all, but is instead cgode? Oh my gawd, becky.

Or worse, try to follow a conversation between Bigdeal and TXJim. Who's on First, indeed.

Dudes (and dudettes), take this down time and get or make yourself a unique avatar.

Doesn't that sound better?

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I agree it helps.
There were many more unique avatars before that one photo hosting site stopped being free (or whatever the issue was), and many people never tried to find an alternative.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I agree it helps.
There were many more unique avatars before that one photo hosting site stopped being free (or whatever the issue was), and many people never tried to find an alternative.

Yep. I am guilty.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I recently started using imgur after using it for other pictures for a while. It’s free and very simple to use.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No avatar...problem solved!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
Trying to fix it.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Signed up with post images but the forum software won’t do it for some reason.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Signed up with post images but the forum software won’t do it for some reason.

I don't believe it's the forum. If I understand correctly, Post Image won't allow Avatars.

Anyway, I use Imgur.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, no one else has one like mine! (I created it myself many years ago using a free animated gif editor. It's being hosted by a fellow SF member.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I've considered dumping mine a few times, but kept it simply for the uniqueitude. Don't really know if others recognize me from it, but I certainly identify some members by their'n.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm guilty as well. It's mainly laziness because I haven't tried very hard to change it. Who is the member that will do it for us?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Since my eyes have gotten bad and I use my phone mostly I don’t even see who is posting. I read entire threads zoomed in without seeing who wrote the posts.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Mine is a picture of my 53 Dodge M37.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
I forget, what is my avatar?

ETA: Oh, yeah.... ‘lil Guard Duck.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I have Sigmonkey to thank for mine Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Since my eyes have gotten bad and I use my phone mostly I don’t even see who is posting. I read entire threads zoomed in without seeing who wrote the posts.

My glasses aren't thick, but small text is now so fuzzy without them that I feel like Mr fucking Magoo.

Was great until about 42. Straight bullshit since then.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
Oh, yeah.... ‘lil Guard Duck.

Good to see it again. As I recall it has been quite some time. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’ve wanted to change mine but don’t use a photo hosting site.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Wally agrees Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I like my avatar, it was gifted to me along with my NEW name by the Boss. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post