SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wouldn't it be great if *everyone* had a unique Avatar here?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wouldn't it be great if *everyone* had a unique Avatar here? Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Where can I host a properly sized avatar?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Orguss, Woodman, and maybe SM are/were hosting avatars for people. I don't want to create extra work for them, but maybe check with one of them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Another lazy guy here. They are easy to change, but, why? I mean c'mon...the reverend Jim always made me laugh.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
LOL..Pickle Rick.. Big Grin. One Member has a 3 eyed fish.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pickle Rick:
I like my avatar, it was gifted to me along with my NEW name by the Boss. Pickle Rick.

Honestly one of my favorites. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
"The provided avatar URL does not appear to be accessible." That is what I get no matter how I try to change mine from a hosting site in the correct size.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I host avatars free for all.

If you need an image resized, hosted, let me know.

If you have a desire for something and you do not have a pic, I can find something to fit your idea.

Just shoot me an email.

Smile

Now, if only I could only find one no one else is using...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
so would you like for me to change mine?

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Avatars should be easy to recognize, but I don’t think it’s a huge deal. I’ve used mine for as long as I can remember.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Mine is unique and no chance anyone wants to use my mug for theirs! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
so would you like for me to change mine?

Hell no! You'd have to get Para to change your cut then. lolololololololololol

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I've been toying with the idea of a few different avatars over the last few years and just haven't settled on one or made the time to figure out how to do it.

So, for the avatar-challenged like myself, if I were to pick an animated one, possibly from motion frames I already have, how would I go about taking them and creating an animated avatar?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
How do you get a unique avatar?

Unique up on it.

How do you catch a tame avatar?

Tame way, unique up on it.

Wink

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure mine is the only one of its kind on the board.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
golddot needs a good avatar. If I were him I'd go with the 7 petal .357 Short Barrel version.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That's a picture of the REAL APPLIANCE BRAD addressing our annual Michigan Second Amendment March from the steps of our Michigan state capitol.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I also do not have a hosting site. I had a unique one a long time ago, but the site started to charge

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
It always gets me when someone changes their avatar.
Not so much Orguss or holiday avatars but after a few years someone will up and change and I'll do a double take.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Back in the old days, we had to carve ours in the quarry after we clawed our way free of the primordial ooze.

You whippersnappers with your newfangled inventions.

(Yells at clouds)

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so what original picture is needed , or can you reduce all sizes?

is it best to start from a 400x 400? or can an 800 x 800 pic be just as good?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The best quality nearest the 60x60 pixels you have or can find.

I can reduce anything, and use lossless compression, most scale very well, but some images are just too much detail and become unrecognizable.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post