SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So the wife needs a new car, looking at the Focus RS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So the wife needs a new car, looking at the Focus RS Login/Join 
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
You can think of it any way you like but the reality is that it isn't much better than a regular Focus and probably much worse in a lot of ways for a normal commute.

Sure if you are going to make a track car out of it but then it would just become worse and worse as a daily driver.

Ah, thank you for the constructive criticism. Do you have an applicable replacement that is Manual,AWD, 40ish. Besides the golf r or subaru sti? Do you own and drive anything comparable?

Complaints I've read about the RS is the suspension. Bad rebound, especially when compared to the STI an GTI R.
None of these models look original over the base version. But I do think the RS is more overpriced than the STI or GTI R, given options available.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Golf R?

BMW 340i with X-Drive (one of the only 3 series still available with manual)

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Golf R?

BMW 340i with X-Drive (one of the only 3 series still available with manual)

We drove a 2015 golf r, great car. Wife did not mind it. She drove a rental jetta for a few weeks and hated it. Yeah, not the same thing. I do think it colored her view on vw though.

The 340 i spec'ed for her online did nothing for her style wise. She asked if hyundai had a awd car in a stick.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post