SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else been diagnosed with "vertigo"?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else been diagnosed with "vertigo"? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I met a woman who had BPV, but the Epley maneuver would not help her. There is another maneuver used in Italy that also works.

She ended up flying to Italy and had it done. She was cured in 5 minutes. the Italians did not charge her, as they had sympathy for the distance she had traveled to obtain relief.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
My wife had an episode about 8mo ago. Came on suddenly after an upper respritory virus. She colapsed in a locking faculty bathroom and had to be extricated by the FD. At first they thought she had a stroke it was so severe. She was a taken to the ER and admitted, and followed up with a huge battery of tests. Turned out to be BPV. After several days in the hospital and follow-up physical therepy she is fine. VERY scarey. What was amazing is once they found out what "axis" was affected, the theripist demonstrated moving her head. Her eyes were twitching so fast she couldnt even tell...but it could be seen if looking at her while the exercise was being done.

The entire experience was the damnedest thing either of us had been thru. Her theripist was a 20-something guy who wore unlaced Keds sneakers and a t-shirt. Never judge a book by its cover.

She is fine and has had no relapses. We're told she may...or may not.

Again...it was quite an experience. I hope you get your issue addressed. The physical therapy was simple, yet unbelievably effective.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a brain tumor in my head, a pituiatary tumor. Due to its size the neurosurgeons cant operate. This tumor causes me to have some nasty bouts of vertigo now and then, especially when the weather changes, and it looks like it going to rain. Intense vertigo is a symptom that I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy, it is that bad.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post