SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pelosi Risks Shutdown After Slashing GOP Farm Aid, Child-Nutrition From Bill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pelosi Risks Shutdown After Slashing GOP Farm Aid, Child-Nutrition From Bill Login/Join 
posted
How many times has the left screamed "It is for the Children" And she just screwed herself in the midwest on the farm aid.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...child-nutrition-bill

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and House Democrats are risking a federal shutdown - releasing a stopgap government funding bill on Monday which failed to gain the support of the White House or Senate GOP, according to Bloomberg.

The bill extends current levels of funding beyond the Sept. 30 fiscal year deadline until December 11, however it excludes $30 billion in farm aid that the White House demanded, yet which Democrats insist on negotiating as part of separate stimulus negotiations, according to aide sin both parties.

Senate Republicans from farm states pushed for the $30 billion to replenish funding for the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Commodity Credit Corp., a government-owned entity that aims to stabilize farm income. President Donald Trump announced $13 billion in new aid to farmers, drawing from the CCC, at a rally in Wisconsin on Thursday, and the corporation had already projected an increase in demand for agriculture-risk coverage, price-loss coverage, and marketing-assistance loans. -Bloomberg

Pelosi's stopgap bill, known as a continuing resolution, had been under intense negotiation between Democratic and GOP congressional leaders along with the White House. Democrats had initially pushed an idea to provide the farm aid in exchange for $2 billion in child-nutrition funding on Friday, however Pelosi called Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on to cancel the trade. Instead, the House bill set for Monday release will exclude the child-nutrition money, which is part of a program which runs out at the end of the month.

Earlier this month, Pelosi and Mnuchin agreed to separate discussions on COVID-19 relief and the funding bill, as the pandemic stimulus talks have been at an impasse since August, with both sides around $1 trillion apart from each other.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
...Pelosi's poogap bill...

Call it what it is.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I caught only the last part of the report yesterday. OANN said that pelosi (she said, quote: "we have more arrows in our quiver") is considering another impeachment? Her goal is to tie up the senate so that a SCOTUS Justice cannot be voted upon until after the election. Roll Eyes

Impeach who, for what?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I just saw a BS Biden ad where a farmer in Pennsylvania is regretting voting for Trump in 16 and how compassionate Biden is. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I caught only the last part of the report yesterday. OANN said that pelosi (she said, quote: "we have more arrows in our quiver") is considering another impeachment? Her goal is to tie up the senate so that a SCOTUS Justice cannot be voted upon until after the election. Roll Eyes

Impeach who, for what?
I think Sen. McConnell is quite capable of either doing both at the same time or giving priority to the SCOTUS replacement. Nancy can go pound sand.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I keep hearing people murmur about impeachment. Articles of impeachment couldn't make its way by procedure to McConnell before election day.

And then McConnell could chose to vote on it immediately even if it did.

Remember, we just did this. Roll Eyes

Impeachment is just a threat of distraction only to muddy the waters of the President's legitimacy. They know they won't be able to Kavanaugh the female appointee.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine mentioned how fun it would be if DJT nominated Amy Coney Barrett and then McConnell notified everyone that since she'd already been through a confirmation hearing in the last couple years, the senate was going to move immediately to a full vote. The liberal screaming and heads exploding would be hysterical. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
A good friend of mine mentioned how fun it would be if DJT nominated Amy Coney Barrett and then McConnell notified everyone that since she'd already been through a confirmation hearing in the last couple years, the senate was going to move immediately to a full vote. The liberal screaming and heads exploding would be hysterical. Smile

Yes....Yes....and YES!!!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm actually counting on Trump and Mitch to do this.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Barbara Lagoa was done more recently.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post