SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hankerchiefs-anybody carry one?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hankerchiefs-anybody carry one? Login/Join 
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
I always have one on me.

I do as well.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m a gal, but I always try to carry something, usually a microfiber cloth or folded paper towel in my pocket (‘course, I have a small boy, so..preparation is key). I wish I had the foresight to carry one hankie every day. My dad has one, as well as the aforementioned clippers and pen (and damned if everyone in the room doesn’t turn to him if there is a need for pretty much ANY item).
It falls back to “the gentleman always carries a handkerchief” days and perhaps Boy Scouts (always be prepared?) although I’m not certain he was a boy scout. I remember a great aunt that used to carry a hankie up her sleeve, and asking my mom about that..same sort of thing. And thinking on it, possibly more environmentally friendly.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only for wiping rain off my glasses. I've never use it to blow my nose. Gross.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
ARMY issued then along with Boxers. 1969
Still have snot rags and boxers.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Hankerchief, a square piece of clothe in which one blows his nose so he can harbor it in his pocket.

Having said that, I still carry one. I wear glasses and it comes in handy for cleaning and an occassional wipe of the nose.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics?

With an obligatory quarter next to the handkerchief?

Just kidding, I would rather blow my nose on a tissue so I keep a couple of those available.

Handkerchief might be a superior option for a bloody nose in public scenario......

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White cotton in dress pants for 70 years; bandanna style in casual clothes. Both are carefully folded, goes outside a holstered Ruger LCP which breaks up the shape/silhouette. Actually my wife uses it more than I do but they are handy for hot & dirty situations. And Kleenex for noses...

Posts: 915 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
My wife carrys one and thinks it gross I dont.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I usually keep a folded up paper towel square in a pocket. I get nosebleeds easily, so it’s handy when the air is dry.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Always, in my back right pocket. As others have said, there's a dozen uses besides blowing your nose. And, if there's no tissues around, you're thankful you have it in a delicate situation where there's people around and you go into a sneezing fit.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No. I seem to remember doing so when I was much younger, but not now.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
At work, I would always fold up and keep about 20" of thick paper towel in my back pocket. great for sweat,dirt,nose etc. IMO, much more convenient as I can always throw it out and get a new one rather than deal with a wad of mess everyday.

Absolutely, the hotter the day the more towel that gets stowed away.

I wonder how the advent of a/c has affected handkerchief use. Couple that with how much better paper towels are. It explains my usage.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5148 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every day of his adult life my Dad carried two things . A hankerchief and a pocketknife .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Every day of his adult life my Dad carried two things . A handkerchief and a pocketknife .

I do exactly like what your father did/does.......I don't even think about it.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I understand the idea of carrying tissues when you are in a "civilized" environment (I.E. there are garbage cans around), but what do you do with those "soiled" tissues used while out in the forest/beach/wild?

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every day.

It's better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand the idea of carrying tissues when you are in a "civilized" environment (I.E. there are garbage cans around), but what do you do with those "soiled" tissues used while out in the forest/beach/wild?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If it is biodegradeable you can bury it, otherwise you put in your backpack until you reach civilization. It is the responsible thing to do.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Everyday left rear pocket next to a note book.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
In hot weather I fold one up and put it in the crown of my hat to absorb sweat.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If it is biodegradeable you can bury it, otherwise you put in your backpack until you reach civilization. It is the responsible thing to do.

Or just burn it with a lighter.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post