SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Legends of the Ho Chi Minh Trail

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Legends of the Ho Chi Minh Trail Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Picture heavy, but WELL worth the time. The amount of material left behind is staggering. There are some "dark" photos with background behind aircraft losses, but they are all fascinating.

http://www.laosgpsmap.com/ho-chi-minh-trail-laos/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That was interesting,some things stuck out was the poverty in most picks.
The amount of ordnance that did not explode is another.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped my share(and perhaps other's share) of bombs on the vehicles and bridges of the "trail"......a loooong time ago!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
A major fucking waste.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Report This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, the two Dog Tags were from 2 different Marines. I wonder their fate.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Report This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Thanks for posting, the two Dog Tags were from 2 different Marines. I wonder their fate.

I wondered too, and ran their SN on the Wall database and didn't come up with anything. Here's to hoping they made it home.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Those are great photos.

I traveled to Saigon a while back on a whim, and it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Those were some incredible pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. I was in Laos in '69 so I bookmarked to look at later.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Going back to Viet-Nam and Laos is not on my things to do list. I regret that I was there and regret more so the people we lost and the lives that were changed forever. If you were part of the boots on the ground your perspective is different.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fascinating very interesting pictures and to see the amount of 50 year old war machines, bombs, sams littering the area, incredible.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Shared it with a friend that was there. Much appreciated. We were actually just sitting down looking at his old AOR maps the other day.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I work with many people who escaped.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the link.

I was there with the 101st Airborne, C Company 4/77th ARA (Aerial Rocket Artillery) I Corps. Flew a lot of missions in the Cobra along the border with Laos and the HCMT. Don't feel the need to go back as a tourist.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Report This Post