SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missouri Senate Primary
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missouri Senate Primary Login/Join 
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Good luck guys, Iowa isn't that bad. There is plenty of room for you here.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Well besides Hawley, St. Louis County is now open for all criminal behavior. The Soros funded commie won the primary for Prosecuting Attorney. Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis City, here we come.

That outcome truly astounded me. McCulloch just became the Joe Crowley of incumbent prosecuting attorneys.

Bell's plan to revamp the cash bail system (essentially eliminating it in many cases) will no doubt result in a serious uptick in crime stats if implemented. Additionally, given his overall lack of prosecutorial experience and his hug-a-thug leanings, I wouldn't be surprised to see experienced prosecutors beginning to stampede toward the door much as happened in the city recently after the current circuit attorney took office.

The ACLU throwing almost $250,000 into a primary election for a county prosecuting attorney to 'educate the voters about the candidates' is curious as well. With no Republican or anyone from any other political party running in the general election, Bell has essentially won the office already.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:
Well besides Hawley, St. Louis County is now open for all criminal behavior. The Soros funded commie won the primary for Prosecuting Attorney. Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis City, here we come.

That outcome truly astounded me. McCulloch just became the Joe Crowley of incumbent prosecuting attorneys.

Bell's plan to revamp the cash bail system (essentially eliminating it in many cases) will no doubt result in a serious uptick in crime stats if implemented. Additionally, given his overall lack of prosecutorial experience and his hug-a-thug leanings, I wouldn't be surprised to see experienced prosecutors beginning to stampede toward the door much as happened in the city recently after the current circuit attorney took office.

The ACLU throwing almost $250,000 into a primary election for a county prosecuting attorney to 'educate the voters about the candidates' is curious as well. With no Republican or anyone from any other political party running in the general election, Bell has essentially won the office already.

Just heard Marc Cox and Ferguson Ex Chief Tom Jackson talking about it on the radio this morning. They both know and have talked with Bell. Bell will re-investigate Darren Wilson, drop charges against the Stockley Verdict protestors and will be eagerly awaiting the first cop he can prosecute for anything, whether the prosecution is justified or not. Law Enforcement in St. Louis County is dead.

The ACLU jumping on the anti McCulloch bandwagon did not surprise me, they hate him with a passion......the nerve of him actually enforcing and prosecuting laws that were on the books.

I'm getting my house read to sell now and will be moving out of St. Louis County within the next year.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm getting my house read to sell now and will be moving out of St. Louis County within the next year

On the bright side it's a good real estate market.

I know this stuff eventually creeps everywhere, but I escaped to Lincoln County out of St. Charles County back in 2012. It's still pretty free out this way.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm getting my house read to sell now and will be moving out of St. Louis County within the next year.

I can't blame you.

Eventually, the City of St. Louis will be readmitted, or "merged" into St. Louis County as a municipality. Every Democrat wants that, whether they admit it publicly or not. When that happens, it's over. Anyone with any sense will leave.

Jefferson County looks more appealing every day.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've been moving westward incrementally over the years. I started out across the river and considered myself fortunate to have escaped from that cesspool alive. Now, I'm thinking that even going from city to county is not enough and that perhaps a more serious move (Wyoming/Utah?) may be in order.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I can't blame you.

Eventually, the City of St. Louis will be readmitted, or "merged" into St. Louis County as a municipality. Every Democrat wants that, whether they admit it publicly or not. When that happens, it's over. Anyone with any sense will leave.

Do you think this will happen in our lifetime?

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think this will happen in our lifetime?

I'm not sure... but it could. Rex Sinquefield throws a lot of money around and he's in favor of the idea.

If it does, there will still be "nice" pockets, like Sunset Hills and Ladue. But the City still has "nice" pockets, like the St. Louis Hills area around Francis Park.

But the City, overall, has been in decline since 1950 when we had our last Republican mayor.... and they enacted the City earnings tax.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I just don't see it passing a vote in St. Louis County, the City "yes", but I would hope the County would vote "no".

After all it was the City who did not want the County and seceded.

Our air rifle/pistol club still meets/shoots in the City off of South Jefferson. Last year our parking lot was a war zone with multiple car break in's, car vandalism, 2 separate pistol whippings of which one was done to a 90 year old man, etc. etc.

I would never want to be part of the City.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just don't see it passing a vote in St. Louis County, the City "yes", but I would hope the County would vote "no".

I would hope not as well... but did you know that a full 70% of the people who voted in the County on Tuesday took a Democrat ballot?

Here are the totals:
BALLOTS CAST - TOTAL . . . . 273,040
BALLOTS CAST - REPUBLICAN . . . 71,491 26.18%
BALLOTS CAST - DEMOCRAT . . . 191,591 70.17%

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

That’s where I am, lived here my whole life. Nice and quiet.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:

Still too close. Untreated cancers continue to grow. I want at least a county or two as a buffer between me and St Louis City/County.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Still too close. Untreated cancers continue to grow. I want at least a county or two as a buffer between me and St Louis City/County.

Depends on which part of Jefferson County you are looking at.....central to southern, I think you'd be fine. A lot of like minded people in those areas. Still plenty of land to be had as well.

I get where you are coming from though. My B-I-L just retired from St. Louis County PD after 21 years. He is in West County as he wanted that buffer. I'm sure that buffer will decrease as time goes on.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post