SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missouri Senate Primary
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missouri Senate Primary Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I pick Peterson in the primary. He wont win so I will have to support Hawley against Claire. She has to go.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm with you, Kevin.
But it does seem to me that Austin Petersen has the best chance to knock off Josh Hawley in the primary, though Courtland Sykes is making a late surge. Josh Hawley has more money to spend probably than the rest combined.

I don't like the fact that the MOGOP put its' weight behind Josh Hawley in the primary. The people, not the Party insiders, should decide who the candidate is going to be.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
That has long been a problem in MO. They try to cram their guy in.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Everyone I know is voting for Hawley. Right or wrong, he is the front runner. At least in my neck of the woods.

Doesn't matter if he is McConnel's puppet (I am not convinced of that) he can beat McCaskill...and that is all that matters.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
^^^^

It should matter whether or not Hawley is McConnell's puppet or not. It should also matter how and why he came to be the frontrunner.

Furthermore, all this should be moot because McCaskill should have been out of office after the last election. She was down by double digits in the polls until the dufus running at that time stuck his foot in his mouth and refused to remove it.

GOP voters in Missouri deserve better than having to hold their noses every election cycle due to having candidates foisted upon them by the RNC and monied special interest groups.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Hawley is a fucking snake. He stabbed a knife in the back of the .gov (who admittedly stabbed a knife in his own back too) in effort to pay back the established GOP bosses of the state. This is AFTER he is recorded in campaign ads claiming that he would not seek election this year and criticiz3d his opponent for doing so. Then he does the exact same thing, a direct lie from his 2016 campaign.

I don't trust the prick. Never have, never will. As AG he hasn't been tough on a single crime... halfway because he has been in office 10 mins... half because he only seems to care about incidents that get his name in the news or damage his opposition.

He is a slimy politician, nothing less. Fuck him although he is STILL better than Claire.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
And really... he should run on that... "Fuck me, I am a weasel but I am somehow still more honest than Claire."

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
And really... he should run on that... "Fuck me, I am a weasel but I am somehow still more honest than Claire."

Truth.

After the last fiasco, I'll take whichever candidate has the best chance of not stepping on his or her genitalia in the general.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Good info here. Thanks guys.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hawley is a fucking snake. He stabbed a knife in the back of the .gov (who admittedly stabbed a knife in his own back too) in effort to pay back the established GOP bosses of the state.
He is a slimy politician, nothing less. Fuck him although he is STILL better than Claire.

LOL! Big Grin
As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly how he's running: "I am a weasel but who are you going to vote for: Claire???"

So, I'm voting for Austin Petersen in the primary. He would be a Rand Paul like liberty guy: a Libertarian/Republican who would shake things up and truly help to reduce the power and grip of swamp creatures like Mitch McConnell (who's no friend of Trump).

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dave Rubin- "Austin Petersen is exactly the type of voice we need in politics right now. He knows what he believes, why he believes it, and why we must fight for it."

Kurt Schlichter- "You can trust Austin to stand for his principles - for our principles."

Congressman Bob Barr- "Austin Petersen is a tireless champion of individual liberty and freedom. Missouri would be well-served to send him to Washington so he can support and strengthen the efforts of Senators like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee."

Congressman Joe Walsh- "Austin Petersen is the real deal: freedom and limited government."

Gary Nolan- "Austin Petersen is a new brand of republican that I will take in a New York second over Hawley. If he goes to Washington, he will be a true representative for Missouri and the country and one that I would be proud to know."

-rduckwor

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This thread cracks me up. Ok, so everybody hates Hawley except me. Come election day we are all gonna vote for him and I guess I'll be the only one not holding my nose.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

I'm Josh Hawley, I think you deserve better...

I do too, Josh!

You should stay on in the job as Attorney General.... like you said you would.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Nailed it!

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
So which republican for:

1) auditor?
a) kevin roach
b) david wasinger
c) paul curtman
d) Saundra mcdowell

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
c) paul curtman

-rduckwor

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
c) paul curtman

Thank you.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Well, Josh Hawley it is. His inability or unwillingness to get out of Columbia/Jeff City more and connect with the grass roots has been disappointing. We have invited him several times. He didn't even attend the Senate candidate debate. Even Ann Wagner, introducing the other candidates, said "It's important to show up."

OK/.... OTOH, he has raised a boatload of money. I may not like where it came from or what expectations there may be to tow the Mitch McConnell party line... but... He won the primary. He's the candidate in November. He can and will defeat Claire McCaskill. At this point, that's all that matters.

Go Mitch Josh. Yay!

-rduckwor

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Well besides Hawley, St. Louis County is now open for all criminal behavior. The Soros funded commie won the primary for Prosecuting Attorney. Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis City, here we come.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^ Yep!
In some ways... I think St. Louis County died last night. It's definitely slipping and sliding down hill.

I'm a Special Deputy for the Board of Election. I was all over the County yesterday. Some of these election "supervisors" at certain North County polling places just aren't very bright. One team didn't even bring the ballots (opti-scan and media cards) from the polling place back to the turn-in location last night. They had to be retrieved at 7am this morning. Why have an election if you aren't going to count the votes? Sad!

-rduckwor