SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Speed queen dryer not heating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speed queen dryer not heating Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted
Our Speed Queen dryer model ADE4BRGS171TW01 blew the 240v breaker and stopped heating. The drum ran after I reset the breaker, but I disconnected the dryer from the wall. I'm guessing I will need to replace at least the heating element. I have not had time yet to take it apart and check the resistance of the element.

Prior to this happening, there seemed to be more noise than normal while the drum spun.

My thoughts are to use the heating element kit (pt#964P3), in case I need any of the thermostat and/or thermal fuse associated with the element.

Is there access to the element from the back of the cabinet, or do all of the guts of the dryer including the cylinder have to come out to get to it? If all of those parts have to come out, does it makes sense to replace the belt and idler pulley assembly (pt#510158) while I have it all apart?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speed Queen dryer model ADE4BRGS171TW01

Help on diagnosing the problem

https://www.repairclinic.com/R...ting-ADE4BRGS171TW01

Parts Manual with diagrams

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if I can get to the thermostat from the back of the dryer?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Maybe the heating element came loose and shorted out.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post