SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bourbon/scotch recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon/scotch recommendations Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bookers, Basil Hayden, Cooper's Craft, Makers, Blanton's.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
For Scotch: Another vote for The Balvenie Double Wood. Also The Dalmore is very smooth.

For bourbon my current favrourite is New Holland Artisan Sprits Beer Barrel Bourbon. Smoothest bourbon I've tasted so far.

But my current go-to is their Beer Barrel Rye.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

Had all but the Cooper. Already ordered the Balvenie Caribbean though. Wink

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too recommend Lagavulin 16!!

Posts: 32 | Location: Greendale, WI | Registered: September 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1792-----Knob Creek-----Elijah Craig. Can't go wrong with any of these bourbons.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Had all but the Cooper.

Don't waste your time. Much better options out there.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:

Had all but the Cooper.

Nice.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:

Had all but the Cooper.

Nice.

Sorry our opinions differ. Please don't take it as a personal affront.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I looked through their stock,

Bookers, Bakers, or get two bottles, they have sazerac rye, eagle rare, elijah craig,

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm a BIG bourbon fan and love all of these, Basil Hayden being my favorite. The other day I tried Irish Whiskey for the first time...I'm 59 years old for goodness sakes and never tried it.

Redbreast. It was delightful.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For Scotch I really like Glennlivet 12 year or 16 year. 12 is in your budget easily and excellent.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Scotch: Glennlivet 15 yr French Oak Reserve. I think you'll find it very enjoyable and should be around $70-80

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve still already ordered. Big Grin

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, there's always next time! Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you ever make it to North Carolina, I have a number of open bottles that you would be welcome to try. I'm crossover scotch and bourbon guy who leans towards wheaters.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you share your thoughts on the Balvenie Caribbean when you get it. We have some of the same tastes in bourbon, and I have been curious about it.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:

If you ever make it to North Carolina, I have a number of open bottles that you would be welcome to try. I'm crossover scotch and bourbon guy who leans towards wheaters.

Originally from NC just east of Burlington. Where are you? Also, thanks for the offer!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
Would you share your thoughts on the Balvenie Caribbean when you get it. We have some of the same tastes in bourbon, and I have been curious about it.

Yes sir, I will.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:

Originally from NC just east of Burlington. Where are you? Also, thanks for the offer!

Charlotte

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post