SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery For Lung Cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery For Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
How many lives does that woman have in reserve?

IKR? She's a cat woman.

I'm guessing she doesn't pay for her own health care. There would be some justice if she had Obamacare insurance that she paid for out of her own pocket.

Posts: 11048 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Better remove all lobes, just to be sure.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
Better remove all lobes, just to be sure.

Saw what you did there Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ichi-go ichi-e
Picture of Underworld2086
posted Hide Post
I don't know her personally but she has dedicated how many years to public service? That has to be worth something. I don't get the ill will toward her.

Posts: 696 | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I wish her the best, in RETIREMENT!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8408 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underworld2086:
I don't know her personally but she has dedicated how many years to public service? That has to be worth something. I don't get the ill will toward her.

For starters she serves only the leftists not the public...ugh.. I can explain it for you but I can't understand it for you.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8544 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

My understanding is that the clerks to a justice have a lot of power. They can control the information, write opinions and such. No doubt her loyal staff is covering any deficiencies she has. When she’s out of the bubble, such as at the state of the union address, her frailties can be seen

This is a real problem, if true. How do we know these clerks are complying with and conveying her wishes? It also raises the question of whether she is even capable of forming wishes.

Posts: 28031 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

For starters she serves only the leftists not the public...ugh.. I can explain it for you but I can't understand it for you.

Yeah, I read somewhere that Obama did the same thing, too. So, for all the commies that continue to try to destroy this great country, I say, they can all go to hell.

Q

Posts: 26563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Holding a government job is not the same thing as public service.

RBG has used her position of power to advance an ideology, twisting the Constitution beyond recognition in the process. She has broken SCOTUS norms by being an outspoken political activist.

I don't wish cancer or ill health on anyone, but I will be happy when she leaves the court, no matter how it happens.

Posts: 6066 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know her personally but she has dedicated how many years to public service?

About a decade too many.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30482 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cuz RBG is a flaming leftist that considers the constitution to be an obstacle to be overcome.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9043 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
She should have left with her napping-head hanging in utter shame after falling asleep during the State of the Union and other times. She's rumored to be a snorer on the court and has been known to fall asleep during oral arguments while court is in session.

I'm sorry-not-sorry, but that's literally inexcusable at that level. I don't give a fuck who you are, if you can't even stay awake at such events you have zero business in any high profile job whatsoever. Have some dignity and retire already...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's had a long and distinguished career and should enjoy the rest of her days in retirement.

Posts: 2494 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

The ill will comes from an appreciation of life, liberty and the founding principles. Those who admire her either do so out of ignorance or complicity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29744 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you kinda have to understand the difference between public office as a burden of responsibility or a position of priviledge. I don't think she ever quite grasped the difference given her impulses to personally be "transformative" in a creative way rather than being just.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I assert that it is essentially impossible (or: statistically unlikely) for anyone to consistently maintain the correct perspective (of service rather than privilege) when awarded a job for life, a job of extraordinary power and influence, a job you basically can't be fired from, a job where much of your work is hidden behind closed doors and armed guards...

It's a system nearly designed to fail, in that sense. It's amazing it works as well as it does, which in all fairness is quite well overall. Obviously I don't have a better solution. Our founding fathers created an amazing system, no doubt, surely the best the world has known in most ways, but it's not without its legitimate faults and this is one.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:

Serving on the bench, any bench, is not public service. It’s like royalty. Royal service.

The ill-will is due to her decisions on the bench and her ACLU affiliation. None of which will make her popular in a place like the SIGforum.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I assert that it is essentially impossible (or: statistically unlikely) for anyone to consistently maintain the correct perspective (of service rather than privilege) when awarded a job for life, a job of extraordinary power and influence, a job you basically can't be fired from, a job where much of your work is hidden behind closed doors and armed guards...

It's a system nearly designed to fail, in that sense. It's amazing it works as well as it does, which in all fairness is quite well overall. Obviously I don't have a better solution. Our founding fathers created an amazing system, no doubt, surely the best the world has known in most ways, but it's not without its legitimate faults and this is one.

If there is on flaw in the founding of this nation it is the hope that the population would remain moral. I think nearly every position of power has been perverted by immoral perspectives and corrupt conflicts of ideology. RBG has corrupted the court for her entire tenure. The system established by the founders relied on educated moral perspectives to maintain liberty, justice, equality, prosperity, refinement and security.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29744 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're on a gun forum. First and foremost, she is 100% anti-Second Amendment. Completely. She has stated on record that the 2A is "obsolete" and not needed because a "militia" is no longer needed. She has voted against any and all pro-gun decisions, Heller included.

She also believes that foreign laws and morals should be a factor in Supreme Court cases. Never mind her views on late term abortions, gay "rights", etc. She is a pure leftist activist judge who makes decisions based on her own warped ideology rather than the Constitution and the law.

As someone else posted, her "retirement equals her death". Like John McCain, she refuses to retire under any condition, especially under Trump. The only way for her to leave the bench is to die. I hope she "leaves" very soon.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16742 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post