SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cleaning the cobra pit
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning the cobra pit Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Can you build up an immunity to cobra venom?

Posts: 7312 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Saw another vid like this with a guy handling pissed off cobras and they were defanged. I have to believe these are too. The turnover rate would be astronomical otherwise. You could break in the new guy by having him haul out the previous guy's body.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12928 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
No fricken way at any price,this guy has some big kahunas.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who the hell needs a pit full of cobras anyways? A dozens not enough, they need 50 of them to really make the exhibit pop?

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Relax guys. That pack he has around his chest is loaded with bandaids just in case.

Posts: 7414 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
Who the hell needs a pit full of cobras anyways? A dozens not enough, they need 50 of them to really make the exhibit pop?

LOL

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5127 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about this job as a prerequisite to all those aspiring to a political career?

Kind of a filter between the interested and committed?

It would be familiar ground once elected -

Posts: 2126 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
That's what they make pressure washers for.....

Mounted to Fire trucks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Can you build up an immunity to cobra venom?

Yep, cobra venom and iocane powder.

Seriously though, there are people who think so.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice he's tossing all of them back by the door used to get in and out of the pit LOL

Posts: 23193 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is what I was thinking too. He's just to cavalier about handling them.

I know that the Indian snake charmers that perform for tourists, routinely remove the venom glands from the snakes. If you can see the snake close enough, you can see the divots on the head where the glands were removed. The video isn't good enough to tell on this one. But I REALLY doubt those are fully armed cobras.

quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Saw another vid like this with a guy handling pissed off cobras and they were defanged. I have to believe these are too. The turnover rate would be astronomical otherwise. You could break in the new guy by having him haul out the previous guy's body.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ most likely what they are saying. I seem to remember watching a documentary once where it talked about how snake charmers are known for doing this in the far east. It also said that the snakes will slowly die after it is done. Not sure the validity though.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
On what planet would that seem like a good idea Eek

Sometimes you just land in a job unexpectedly.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This is what I was thinking too. He's just to cavalier about handling them.

I know that the Indian snake charmers that perform for tourists, routinely remove the venom glands from the snakes. If you can see the snake close enough, you can see the divots on the head where the glands were removed. The video isn't good enough to tell on this one. But I REALLY doubt those are fully armed cobras?

So I've been poking around on the internet and read that in some locales, they actually sew the mouths shut with just enough of an opening so their tongue can come out. They die of a slow starvation (which may explain the dead snakes in the background). *IF* that is the case here and obviously we have no way to know, it sickens me.

I could see the allure for a "proprietor" to attract tourist dollars with no threat to paying customers (or the workers) to view a den of "dangerous" cobras. It would go a long way to explain why the guy is so cavalier AND the fact the snakes do not strike (because that capability has been disabled).

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are not enough tough sonsabitches in the world to make me do that. Negatory, I quit yesterday.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many start and how many finish training for that job.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
So I've been poking around on the internet and read that in some locales, they actually sew the mouths shut with just enough of an opening so their tongue can come out. They die of a slow starvation (which may explain the dead snakes in the background). *IF* that is the case here and obviously we have no way to know, it sickens me.

Yeah, killing an animal for no reason other than a freak show, not matter how much they scare the shit out of me, is inexcusable. I cringe just as much when I see a captured "big cat" and "big cats" scare the shit out of me. My wife has taught me that a life is something we cannot replicate.

Posts: 7511 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post