SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Government shutdown looms in NJ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Government shutdown looms in NJ Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Shut it the fuck down so these assholes can't spend any more of the taxpayers money!
Stateworkers need to use their vacation time up if they want to be paid, then they'll stop voting for these scumbags.
They never consider cuts anywhere only mot=re spending and raising taxes to pay for it!
F Trenton!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Shut it down forever. Everyone with the exception of the LEOs could be fired and few people would ever notice.

Yeah. Who needs their trash picked up. Roll Eyes

What makes you think taxes pay for garbage pickup?
Private service.

Yep, lived in Jersey for 13 years and not one day was my trash picked up by a governmental organization of any kind.

Private hauling service.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I'm not convinced that a shut down of the government in NJ is anything but a positive for the Americans that live there

Dozens of them. Poor bastards.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Shut it down forever. Everyone with the exception of the LEOs could be fired and few people would ever notice.

Yeah. Who needs their trash picked up. Roll Eyes

What makes you think taxes pay for garbage pickup?
Private service.

Yep, lived in Jersey for 13 years and not one day was my trash picked up by a governmental organization of any kind.

Private hauling service.

Here in Virginia, we individually pay the waste disposal company. No government entity is involved.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“NEW JERSEY,
because we think you can always pay more.”

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here in Virginia, we individually pay the waste disposal company. No government entity is involved.

I can't think of ANY reason anyone would want the government (at any level) to do something that private industry can and will do.

Socialized trash?
Doesn't anyone seem to understand what socialized schools and socialized medicine are doing to our country and our freedom?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
ep, lived in Jersey for 13 years and not one day was my trash picked up by a governmental organization of any kind.

Taxes in NJ does in fact pay for it in many cases. The towns usually contract with private companies. In the case of my former town, the town bought trucks and does it themselves. Saved a nice sum in doing so. this shutdown has no effect on those services.

Some smaller towns let the residents arraign for the pickups. Just like here where you can hire a private operation or drive to the recycling center. Most drive.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post