SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Judge orders release of sealed Bill Clinton documents from Ken Starr probe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Judge orders release of sealed Bill Clinton documents from Ken Starr probe Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I wonder what this is all about ?

A federal judge has ordered the unsealing of documents from then-Independent Counsel Ken Starr’s two-decade old probe that led to former President Bill Clinton’s impeachment.

Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia granted the order Monday in response to a Freedom of Information Act request from CNN.

According to the judge’s order, CNN journalist Katelyn Polantz requested on Feb. 9, 2018 that eight sealed matters arising from Starr’s 1998 investigation of Clinton “be unsealed and made public.”

Starr’s investigation began with the suicide of Clinton adviser Vince Foster and the Clintons’ Whitewater real estate deal in Arkansas. But it later expanded to include accusations of sexual misconduct and perjury, including Clinton’s relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives in December 1998. Clinton was acquitted of the charges by the Senate, with no Democrats voting to remove him from office.

The request from CNN includes testimony from former Clinton aides and advisers Bruce Lindsey, Sidney Blumenthal, Nancy Hernreich, Lanny Breuer and Terry Lenzner, as well as testimony from the Secret Service. It also requests other White House documents, in addition to a presidential subpoena.

The FOIA request from CNN indicated the documents could be relevant to procedures for obtaining testimony in special counsel Robert Mueller’s current Russia probe.

It’s not clear when the documents will be released, but Howell ordered them available to the public “promptly.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ken-starr-probe.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
another thread to pull in the overall unraveling

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

More uncovering of the lifelong Clinton corruption.

Sidenote. The Bill Clinton matter was an eye opener for me as to how people perceive right and wrong in politics. At the time a fellow I worked with fully supported the Clintons in the matter commenting "Clinton didn't do anything I wouldn't do if I had the chance". Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Well, payday someday

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

More uncovering of the lifelong Clinton corruption.

Sidenote. The Bill Clinton matter was an eye opener for me as to how people perceive right and wrong in politics. At the time a fellow I worked with fully supported the Clintons in the matter commenting "Clinton didn't do anything I wouldn't do if I had the chance". Roll Eyes

Clinton was an unusual combination of intelligence, charisma and ambition, undiluted by any notions of morality or personal responsibility. He was inspired by John Kennedy to want to be President in the worst way, which eventually he was.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I think the GDC media is tired of the slow pace and no real progress in the Mueller probe. They need fresh shit to shovel at Trump and will demand every procedure used against slick Willie be employed against Trump, warranted or not.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Also might be more D attempts to ensure HRC is a non-player for 2020.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
CNN is requesting this release.

CNN. The "Clinton News Network".

What are they up to? What's their angle? How are they going to spin this?

I smell a rat.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:

I smell a rat.

Bill was a victim of sexual predator females only interested in him for his fame.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31377 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Bill was a victim of sexual predator females only interested in him for his fame.

No, she just wanted to taste success.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:

I smell a rat.

It's all right here I this sentence, ".......CNN indicated the documents could be relevant to procedures for obtaining testimony in special counsel Robert Mueller’s current Russia probe."

They are looking for ways to force Trump to testify. Seems they have more faith in Starr's ability to prosecute a case than Mueller's.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Also might be more D attempts to ensure HRC is a non-player for 2020.

My thoughts exactly

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

No, she just wanted to taste success.

Eew.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post