SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photobucket Problems???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Problems??? Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm trying Postimage. Here is a test.

Jim

Success. Cool.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When clicking on one of their links, it always slowed my computer to a crawl.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Having worked on Imageshack for hours today to migrate all my photos, it's so refreshing to not have to put up with loads of annoying pop-ups and animated ads slowing everything down. Just a clean, simple, fast interface. Well worth the couple of bucks a month.

I can't believe I just sucked it up and stuck with Photobucket this long.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
Whether this was some poorly implemented software roll out or a really bad management mistake, Photobucket sure has upset a lot of people: Photobucket Breaks Image Links Across the Internet which has an embedded URL to PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images (The comments after the articles are similar to the ones made here.)

I can't figure out why 3rd party hosting still works for some of us. I guess that's another Photobucket mistake.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they're working on cutting off accounts in descending order of bandwidth usage. So the heavier users (those with more photos) were hit first, and they just haven't gotten around to those with fewer photos yet.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I'm actually thrilled with this change. No more opening threads and waiting for photos to load. No more trying to enlarge photos to get a better look and being taken to the clunker of a Photobucket site. It's a win all around.
Yeah, I agree. It's annoying waiting for photobucket to decide to serve an image. It slows everything down and most of the time the images never show.

I know everyone is going to say "I've never had a problem on my end" but that's because they are in your cache because they are your photos that you uploaded. Those of us on the other end are the annoyed.

Now that everyone is jumping ship to use another site, more free hosts will go belly up. I say good riddance to them all.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
quote:
ditch Photobucket if they aren't going to allow this any longer.

Yep... I just remembered that I have Amazon Prime and therefore I have free Prime Photo hosting. I wonder if there is anyone who is really going to bite and actually pay for this. I guess the think that holding our already shared photos hostage will garner them an upgrade. I mean, they have every right to do what they've done, but I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one who had a negative reaction to this. I guess I should have seen it coming as they put so many ads on there that until I discovered good ad blocking it was miserable trying to do anything on that site to begin with.The bottom line for me is that they miscalculated big time. I'll never use that site again.

ETA: I just discovered that of the two sites I posted to with photos recently it is only SIGforum that I'm getting the message for the same photos. weird. Oh well, too late now, they've already made me realize I've got better options.

Can you share how you can host image from amazon prime/Google drive?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
I just now deleted my photobucket account. To me it feels like they are trying to extort $400 a year from me if I ever want to see the photos I've shared online again.

How did you go about deleting your account?

its an option under Account Settings. If you have trouble finding it, type "delete account" in the help function.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
They want to get paid for their service, for which I cannot blame them. Apparently advertising revenue didn't keep the doors open.

But I won't pay them as the service isn't that valuable to me. There are still other free providers.

I agree. I won't pay them either because the service is very poor. Had PB been an excellent website like before their scatacephally, then I'd be willing. Not 400.00, but some compensation. At least in McDonald's free fall to the abyss, their prices are low. Whoever is running PB's business model must have a mental disorder.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Another PB&Jammed Up "happy" customer affected. So I downloaded some stuff I had linked there. Deleted all my folders and deleted my account - in typical PB&Jammed Up fashion it took 30 minutes and multiple retries to get through all the menus. On the "exit" interview the reason I gave them for deleting my account was "Unhappy with their recent change, should have given notice of the change and should have said current hosted photo's will remain, future will require the new account. But to break them all - way to piss your customers."

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I've been using Flickr for several years and it has worked great. I even have my avatar hosted on there with no issues. The only downside to Flickr is that if you want to get to the direct image link without their border you need to do it from a computer. So I upload pics to Flickr from my phone and then wait until I'm at a computer to post them on Sigforum.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Except for my avatar here, all of my PB photos are backed up elsewhere. I'm not going to bother deleting anything nor updating links. If PB wants to hold worthless images for ransome while reminding the web of this crappy move with every black box, be my guest. lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
quote:
ditch Photobucket if they aren't going to allow this any longer.

Yep... I just remembered that I have Amazon Prime and therefore I have free Prime Photo hosting.

***snip***

Can you share how you can host image from amazon prime/Google drive?

Certainly. Log into your amazon account and then click the drop down arrow beside the link for "Prime" (marked with the first red ellipse).Then click link for "Photos" (marked with the second red ellipse.

Then click the link "get started" (also shown in a red ellipse) and follow the directions.

Well... it WAS working. I'll have to see if I can figure out why it doesn't show up later when I have some time. For now just click on the box and it should take you to the photo.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime doesn't seem to work for Avatars. It seems the Forum software does not support https links, only http. All the hosting sites I've tried only provide https links.

I'm still looking for a place to host my avatar.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I just signed up for Postimg.org. Let's see how my first photo works:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just did imgr first postification

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Test Image using postimg.io

And it works!
Good-freakin-by Photobucket

Postimg seems to work similar to how tinypic used to, only better.
MANY thanks to whomever originally suggested this site for image hosting.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What's a good alternative?

I just deleted my Photobucket account, it's been clunky and slow for a while and this trick they pulled was the final straw.

https://postimage.io

Don't even need an account. Super easy to use.

PostImage all day long. There is one major problem with it though. Once you find out how much easier it is, you will hate yourself for not switching earlier.

What size did ya'll select for your avatar??

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What am I doing wrong??

I uploaded a new profile picture

SF says "the provider avatar URL appears to not be accessible"?

Same with me. Posting pics in a thread is no problem, but posting my avatar is puzzling. Perhaps Skins knows.

They host my avatar. I just copy the second link "direct" and past into the section in SF for custom avatar.

Not sure why it wouldn't be working. I'm guessing postimage, flickr, and others servers are going to be working overtime the next few weeks.

I'll try it again in a few days...
"The provided avatar URL does not appear to be accessible."

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
I just now deleted my photobucket account. To me it feels like they are trying to extort $400 a year from me if I ever want to see the photos I've shared online again.

How did you go about deleting your account?

its an option under Account Settings. If you have trouble finding it, type "delete account" in the help function.

I did these very things BEFORE I posted my question to you with no luck. Went back and tried them again, took a little different route this time, and sure enough, it worked. Account deleted.

Thanks so much for the assist.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post