SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photobucket Problems???
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Problems??? Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I just created my own service for this:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8670077724

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So I guess FREE isn't always the best choice.
My Photobucket "paid" account renewed a couple of days ago.
I am still able to link without retribution.
My account was a basic "ad free" and only $10 per year.
Well worth it for the ad relief and now I guess I have time to move on from the $400 per year price hike.
I have a feeling that after PhotoBucket has purged itself from the freeloaders then they might revise the pricing structure.
If not at least I have time to move.
YMMV

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
<snip>

That's the same type account I've got ... I figured $10 was a small price to pay to not have to deal with their annoying ads.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I made a tertiary blog on Tumblr to host photos i want to post to forums.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
I have switched to Imgr.

It appears to be free, like PhotoBucket used to be, but without the flood of ads that characterized PhotoBucket.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I deleted all my stuff last evening,but was informed it takes 48 hours to be effective

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I hate to bring this up, but is there a way to download all of my photos so I can upload them elsewhere? Not one by one?

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Both the wife and I have accounts; hers is impacted, mine seems to have slipped below the radar. But for how long, I wonder?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
I hate to bring this up, but is there a way to download all of my photos so I can upload them elsewhere? Not one by one?

I've deleted my Photobucket account, so I can't provide finely detailed instructions, but you can at least download each album individually. Select the album, and then click on the "gear"(?) icon and a menu of options should appear. Select "Download" to download the album. After some period of time - 8 hours for me for 129 MB of images - you'll receive an email with a link to download a .zip file of the photos in the album.

Warning: I only had one album, "My Bucket", and the .zip file did not contain a folder / directory. When I unzipped it in my Download folder, all 120 images were created in my Download folder, so I would suggest creating a new folder and moving the .zip file into the folder before unzipping the .zip file(s).

Also, be sure that your email address is up to date. My email address was with a former ISP on my first download attempt. After updating my email address, I had to wait 24 hours to try again.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Both the wife and I have accounts; hers is impacted, mine seems to have slipped below the radar. But for how long, I wonder?

If you were paying Photobucket anything before they cut off the free accounts, even if just to disable ads, and you keep your account up to date, then you can still use Photobucket for hosting 3rd party images through Dec. 31, 2018. (I predict a new "Photobucket Problems???" topic in January 2019. Smile)

If like me, you had a completely free account and were using an ad blocker to avoid their ads, then who knows?

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:

Yes. Once you are in an album, There is a "Actions" group in the right hand margin. In there is a "Download Album" link. Click that and Photobucket will download a zip file of all the images in that album to your computer.

I don't think you can download your whole account this way (unless all your images are in one album). You have to do this for each album you have in your account.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Okay, that's weird !!
Yesterday all my pics went to the "no 3rd party posting" thingy.

So I went to a couple other hosting sites I'd been setting up , just in case.
Today I began posting from those sites.
At 7pm I went to my Hobby Blacksmith thread and all my photos are back.
3rd party shared from Photobucket again.
Anyone else notice this happening ??

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
FYI, I've discovered something. For those of you who've put off downloading/transfering your images on Photobucket. If your alternative image hosting site (Flickr, Postimage.org, etc.) has bulk transfer/upload by url, you can transfer your images from Photobucket quickly and easily. This will be faster than downloading them to your desktop and then uploading to your alternative hosting site.

Photobucket is still allowing transfers offsite. Below are instructions for a PC.

Step 1: Select an image in your album (checkmark). The "Select All" button will appear in the upper right corner of your image table. Click that, selecting all your images.

Step 2: Click the "Link" button in the bulk action menu at the bottom of the screen/page.

Step 3: Copy all the URLs in the "Direct" links textbox. Just clicking in the box should copy all the urls there. Otherwise, select all and copy manually.

Step 4: Paste these URLs into the bulk uploader on your alternative hosting site and transfer/upload them.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
So I get an email from Photobucket today;
================================================
Uh-oh! Your Photobucket Plus subscription will expire on November 15, 2017. Renew your subscription today to continue to print, store, edit and share your photo memories with all the added bonuses!
{Renew My Subscription} (this is a button)

Renew your Plus subscription and continue to enjoy...

Extra storage for all your photos, videos and GIFs
An ad free experience
Unlimited bandwidth
================================================

When I click the link to renew my "Plus" subscription ... the bastards don't even tell you that the "Plus" account isn't even a thing anymore ... I'm only using about 2.5 gb of my 10 gb account and I've got a couple thousand pictures on it so I didn't mind paying a couple bucks a month to be ad-free; obviously these aren't large format pictures, most are only 640x480 for sharing on sites such as this.

Who in their right mind would pay $400/yr for 2.5gb of storage?

For now I'm using Postimage but considering doing my own hosting, I've got a buddy that can help me set it up for maybe $20/year total

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let me first say PB's handling of this is execrable, but am I to understand people are complaining of having to spend a mere ten dollars a year for photo hosting? Srsly?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Let me first say PB's handling of this is execrable, but am I to understand people are complaining of having to spend a mere ten dollars a year for photo hosting? Srsly?
No, people are complaining that it went from free to $400/year for an account that you could link to forums and host avatars. The lesser accounts will be storage only and have their linking cut off just like the free ones.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Exactly. Your choices used to be free with ads, or $10/year without ads.

Now it's $400/year or nothing.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting ... my credit card number had changed so it wouldn't auto-renew and I couldn't access my account to change the number ... I called support and they said as of November 15, unless I upgraded to one of the new membership types my privileges would be the same as a free because the "$10 ad-free" membership was being retired ... I think if my CC hadn't changed it would have auto-renewed and would have been good until 12-31-18 which as I understand from the phone rep, all memberships will be of the new format.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I wans't complaining ... I thought $10 for ad-free was fair, especially considering I'm only using 2.5gb of my 10gb account.
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I think you can still store there for free can't you? However you can't share and are bombarded with ad's ... for some reason I had to login on my home computer last night and the pop-ads were so bad it took several attempts before I was able to successfully get logged in.

Oh well ... we'll all figure out something new ... as the saying goes, "Necessity is the mother of invention"!

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Hmmm... I was going by smschulz' comment.

$400/year is ridiculous.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I think you can still store there for free can't you?

Yes, but what's the point of that? You can store them on your hard drive for free, or upload them to one of the various Cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox for free, all without having to put up with Photobucket's bullshit interface and overwhelming ads.

The whole point of Photobucket was it offered photo hosting in order to share the photos on message boards. And now they want $400/year for that feature.

There are a number of other websites that offer a better photo hosting service for a significantly cheaper price. And there are a number of much better options for free online storage. So either way, Photobucket is now pointless.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post