SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photobucket Problems???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Problems??? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance:
Crazy. What is wrong with them.
Not worth trying to figure out. I dumped them in April and moved everything to Postimage. Should have done it sooner as PB had been getting buggier and slower but thought people would sign up for subscriptions.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Terms of service were changed with no warning this past week in what is a pure money-grabbing move.

F*ck off, Photobucket. I'm not paying you SHIT now after this stunt.

quote:

A few days ago, without any advance warning, Photobucket sneakily changed its terms of service to disallow third-party hosting, or hotlinking, on nearly all of its plan tiers. Most people use Photobucket explicitly for the ability to link from images on Photobucket to other locations such as blogs and forums, so this seems like a baffling move.

Until you realize the scam that's afoot: The only way to get your images to show up again is to pay Photobucket $400, upfront, as an annual subscription to its most expensive plan.

Ah, I see. It's a ransom demand.

I'm livid. I'd been using Photobucket to host my images on my Blogger blogs for ten years. For several of those years, I paid Photobucket an annual subscription for the benefits of unlimited bandwidth and extra storage...

Photobucket phail, or How to ruin a hosting site

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Jinxed myself. One of mine just locked me out.
Roll Eyes
Time to find a new place.

Well using the pb app, I was able to log in to my account and download my album.

Doing that now to all my pb accounts.

Guess I'm going back to tinypc

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
Photobucket has partially messed up the Posting from photobucket topic in the SIG forum office.

For whatever reason, my photos have been spared. I have a free account, but I am using only 1% of my bucket.

What's weird is that if I follow the suggested URL www.photobucket.com/P500, I am taken to an titled album "P500" in "acax456's" bucket. This suggests to me some type of bug at least.

As for postimage, I have noticed that it occasionally did not work in the past. Instead of a member's avatar, I would see the text "Picture of <Member's Name>", and also embedded images were occasionally missing. This hasn't happened recently however.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm a victim of PB's new TOS POS hijack as well. I had just deleted several old photos off my account and uploaded some newer ones. I was only at %35 of account usage when this new TOS kicked in.

Until I found a notice about my apparent violation of this new TOS in my spam folder I knew nothing about it. Was there a public announcement from PB on this TOS change or did anyone receive any notifications prior to the TOS change?

Regardless, I've been using PB for many years now, solely as a 3rd party hosting site. I won't be extorted by them and will be deleting my photos from my account. I checked the website but couldn't find any way to do so... does anyone know if it is possible to delete a PB account?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What am I doing wrong??

I uploaded a new profile picture

SF says "the provider avatar URL appears to not be accessible"?

Same with me. Posting pics in a thread is no problem, but posting my avatar is puzzling. Perhaps Skins knows.

They host my avatar. I just copy the second link "direct" and past into the section in SF for custom avatar.

Not sure why it wouldn't be working. I'm guessing postimage, flickr, and others servers are going to be working overtime the next few weeks.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
Here are Photobucket's latest plans:

I'm not sure what the difference is between "linking" and "3rd party hosting", but I don't think that Photobucket is going to be around much longer is they expect people to pay $400/year to embed images in forum posts. Whichever of the two that I am doing still works with the free plan.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I, too, can use PostImage to post images in a thread, but attempts to host my avatar there result in SIGforum error messages.

I seem to remember that a while ago, a forum member offered to host avatars. Was it Woodman?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Yeah $40 a month, nope.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked at the "money grab" and "rip off" threads I've seen the last few days. This is an internet company spending lots and lots of money as a photo host... why did you think they were doing it? For fun? Of course not, it's a business. And since the majority of their users seem to use it to host photos off site, that's a lot more bandwidth.

Sure... you want to argue that their prices are too high, they probably are. But that's their option, easier to have 1 $40 customer than 4 $10 customers. I suppose they're hoping people will be willing to pay rather than move elsewhere.

But the fact is, you've been living there for free on all these years, and now you're complaining because they want to charge you rent.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Free services tend to move to paid services or go defunct.

There is only one way to avoid this and in this day and age every one should be doing this. First, get you very own domain name. Second, secure hosting and attach the domain name to it. GoDaddy does both but I only use them for domain names and I use site5.com for hosting.

Benefits:
  • you can do what you want
  • no one can shut you down as long as you pay
  • you can share your host with a friend
  • you can link thousands of images
  • it's less expensive than those photobucket prices
  • you get your own domain for your email address (no more cheap looking @gmail.com/@hotmail.com/@aol.com)

BTW, I don't think this is a new development. It's always been against their terms of service. They're just enforcing it now.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ive used ImageEvent for geez 15+ years now. Even with having websites on two different providers (GoDaddy being on of them), I found it worth the money for how easy it is to use compared to getting stuff on them.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post

Still seems to be working, but I'm at less than 3% usage; time to start transferring photos I suppose...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. What bullshit.

All my photos, posted on various threads in several forums, instantly broken.

No way am I giving them $400 just to host some freaking photos.

Now I have to go through the tedious task of downloading all my photos from Photobucket and migrating them to Imgur. And currently, I can't even access my Photobucket page. I imagine their servers are getting swamped by folks logging in to download their photos and delete their accounts.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
All my Photobucket links are broken today.
Time to find another site - their prices aren't something I'm going to pay.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post

My accounts working fine.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My free account is working fine.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Photobucket can go f#$% themselves, I've had it with their bullshit.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I couldn't get Postimage to put my avatar back up here no matter what I did, so I signed up with Imgur and it's working great.

Imgur has a iPhone app too which Postimage doesn't seem to have.

Should have ditched PhotoPhailBucket years ago!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Is there a easy way to get my photo bucket images moved?

Edited: I figured it out. You can download the PB album.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post