SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photobucket Problems???
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Problems??? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yep got an email asking me to sign up for 3rd party hosting, after I deleted the account and moved the images.

Had maybe 80 images, not all were linked, some were older links to threads that have been culled from active for a long time, in short not that many images hosted...

It's their decision to charge exorbitant fees and mine to tell them to pound sand.

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I will be downloading my pics back to my computer tonight.

So, who do we like for free image hosting these days?

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
If you create an email account through outlook.com, you get 5gb of free OneDrive storage which you can use to host images, that's what I just started to do; right-click on the image and then select "Embed" and a link will get generated.

quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I will be downloading my pics back to my computer tonight.

So, who do we like for free image hosting these days?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
test

YAY! It works!! Thanks WOODMAN

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, photobucket just nailed me this morning. No worries though. I got my avatar immediately back up with Amazon Prime photos. Good to go.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Just deleted all photos (does it really have to be one at a time with a confirmation click to boot?) and deleted my Photobucket account.

Think I'll go without an avatar for a while.

ETA: Oddly, my avatar is back for now. I never put it anywhere else. They did put up a notice to say my account would be deleted after 48 more hours. But it was also supposedly completely empty before I hit delete account.

Whoops, gone again.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Just deleted all of my Photobucket photos.
How about a Flickr test?

DSC00894 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
really biiiiiig Cee Kamp

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
From their website:

Why Photobucket?

Photobucket is the global destination for linking and 3rd party hosting. In Photobucket’s 14-year history, the Company amassed over 100 million registered users, over 15 billion images stored, 2 million daily uploads and 60 billion photos accessed monthly.

Over 100 million registered users?
I wonder how many will be left after a month?

The site is slow, full of pop up ads, and now this BS? Well... Bye!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am trying several different hosts. So far I am using Tinypic for my avatar and pictures but it is slow and full of ads. I am going to try to post a photo with Amazon Prime, which I didn't know they had a photo hosting until this Photobucket fiasco.

Edit: well that didn't work.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well, photobucket just nailed me this morning. No worries though. I got my avatar immediately back up with Amazon Prime photos. Good to go.

Did you use Amazon Prime Photos on computer or as an app on iPad? I downloaded the app and I can upload photos, but the link it gives me to share doesn't work here.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Did you use Amazon Prime Photos on computer or as an app on iPad? I downloaded the app and I can upload photos, but the link it gives me to share doesn't work here.

I used it from my tablet but did not use an app. I went direct to the website and skipped the mobile app, and it worked for me.

https://www.amazon.com/photos

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
I just want to know why 2000Z quoted me two pages ago Eek

I certainly don't have a daughter..........

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Closed my account with them today!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Photosuckit hit me today also. Moved my photos out and deleted my account. They said it would be the 17th before it was gone.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
I just want to know why 2000Z quoted me two pages ago Eek

I certainly don't have a daughter..........

It's his signature not directed at you.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I don't like my new avatar, thanks to photobucket.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
They got me too. Just set up my amazon prime drive now to figure it out and get my little rifleman guy back on here

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Cool - finally got my new photobucketofshit avatar.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
They got me too. Just set up my amazon prime drive now to figure it out and get my little rifleman guy back on here

It was learned earlier in this thread that Amazon Prime Photos are known not work, at least for very long. Either elapsed time or else adding or deleting photos to your Amazon Drive makes the temporary URLs invalid for 3rd party hosting. I posted some alternatives to Photobucket earlier in the thread HERE.

I think that it is better to use one of the exiting 3rd party hosting topics for that discussion since this thread is a mishmash of anger, test posts, and discovery processes. I'm selecting this topic: Anyone have a free photo hosting site they'd give a recommendation for? We'll see what happens.

Edited to add: Oops, that topic is closed. I guess we'll discuss alternatives to Photobucket here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rh,

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post