SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photobucket Problems???
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Problems??? Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
So now where do you post videos?...Utube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRj7Mg0q4VU

GET OFF MY LAWN......glad I left an hour early and didn't check the camera in the back of the field.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yeah this is a bunch of crap! I never got a notice; I just saw when I did a post tonight that my avatar was gone. I went to Photobucket and they want $400 to allow 3rd Party Hosting. Screw you!!!!

Sure we can find another hosting site, but it sucks that so many threads will be screwed up with pictures missing unless people went back and updated all the links.....not gonna happen!

I already get the Photobucket $100 a year plan as a part of being a Yahoo customer but I am not paying $400 a year just to link pictures. Insane!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I downloaded all of my pictures and gifs this morning and deleted my account. When asked why I was deleting my account I just stated that I didn't need to use their click-bait infested website any longer and was certainly not paying their inflated charges to do 3rd party hosting.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Photobucket has been impossible to use with all the pop up ads last few years anyway. With the giant price hike, ahh, no. I'm out.

Deleted, will find another host.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Phuck Photobucket.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Yeah this is a bunch of crap! I never got a notice; I just saw when I did a post tonight that my avatar was gone. I went to Photobucket and they want $400 to allow 3rd Party Hosting. Screw you!!!!

I occasionally check where avatars are being hosted, and there are still other forum members in for a surprise from Photobucket. They probably think that this is a routine Photobucket bitch thread and haven't read it yet since it still works for them.

In my previous post on page 8, I did post some alternatives for avatar hosting. Oh, I see that you have found Woodman's thread. No, linking to Photobucket won't work either unless you pay the ransom. Unless you have your avatar on your computer/phone/cloud/whatever, you'll need to initiate a download request from Photobucket and then be very patient. (I'll try to provide more detailed instructions later, unless someone else does it first.)

EDIT: Silly me - you can download your avatar individually without the necessity of being very patient.

I understand that Photobucket wants to make money, but they've handled this so poorly that I don't see how the Photobucket brand name survives. In an unrelated topic, someone asked about where to get canvas prints. Photobucket was suggested. I didn't know what a canvas print was, so I asked Google. I could use some of those for myself and as gifts to others, but who wants to do business with Photobucket now?

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Phuck Photobucket.

I've got some posts to edit in the open Trump thread, but they've almost certainly messed up the locked Trump thread which Para was archiving for historical purposes.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
I occasionally check where avatars are being hosted, and there are still other forum members in for a surprise from Photobucket. They probably think that this is a routine Photobucket bitch thread and haven't read it yet since it still works for them.

No surprise here, just keeping this in perspective. For me, it's just a little picture associated with a forum handle, so this falls into the "extremely minor inconvenience" category. As such, I'll get around to changing hosts when I'm done doing more important things.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
dammit, they got me this morning

I have two pics my avatar and my cuttermans pin at the bottom of my posts...

moved my stuff to postimage and can't figure out how to make either one work...

hahahaha-story of my life.

I did delete my photobucket account and told them "can't link to forum posts, you guys want $$ for the ability and GFY"

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Yeah, the purge continues.

As I mentioned earlier, I suspect they started with the "big fish" who were using a lot of bandwidth, and are gradually working their way down to the smaller users.

So the clock is ticking for all the folks posting about how theirs still works.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm just waiting for my avatar to disappear one day. I'm pretty sure I'm hosting it through photobucket. I guess I'll know soon enough.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Yeah, the purge continues.

As I mentioned earlier, I suspect they started with the "big fish" who were using a lot of bandwidth, and are gradually working their way down to the smaller users.

So the clock is ticking for all the folks posting about how theirs still works.

yeah I had 21 photos in there and only used them to link to the Forum....just canned them all and sent Woodman and email to try and help me with my avatar...

what a pain in the ass

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^

This forum is the only reason why I even opened a photobucket account. Every picture on my account is related to what I posted here. And in actuality I haven't even been using them for the past few months because they've just frustrated me so much. I now use postimage for posting pictures. The only thing I use photobucket now for is my avatar.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'm pretty sure I'm hosting it through photobucket.

Yep.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s676/alanshalsey/KingoftheMaasaiAvatar.jpg

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^

This forum is the only reason why I even opened a photobucket account. Every picture on my account is related to what I posted here. And in actuality I haven't even been using them for the past few months because they've just frustrated me so much. I now use postimage for posting pictures. The only thing I use photobucket now for is my avatar.

Good luck with your photobucket avatar, mine disappeared.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
I'm pretty sure I'm hosting it through photobucket.

Yep.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s676/alanshalsey/KingoftheMaasaiAvatar.jpg

So I'm likely on borrowed time then. Oh well.

Let's see if amazon prime photos works...

ETA: Yup. Well, I'm all set if photobucket wants to nuke my account.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Photo-suck-it has sent me several emails telling me I need to upgrade for third-party hosting. So far, though, my pictures on the forum still appear. I guess this just means I have come into their cross-hairs.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I'm likely on borrowed time then. Oh well.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/4qZisaj1VWg

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like others, but not all, I could not get postimage.io to host my avatar. I received this error message when I tried: "The provided avatar URL does not appear to be accessible." postimage.io does work with other embedded photos on SIGforum

Anyone have a fix for this?

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never received the email about 3rd party hosting until after I went in downloaded all of my images and deleted my account while also telling them to go fornicate themselves.

What is really weird is that I got an email yesterday Welcoming me to Photobucket. While saying WTF I went and tried to log into my account and low and behold my account is still active saying that it will be deleted on 7/11/17. I think that ship has sailed.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post