https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8270084624

October 17, 2017, 12:10 PM
Storm
Photobucket Problems???
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I think you can still store there for free can't you?

Yes, but what's the point of that? You can store them on your hard drive for free, or upload them to one of the various Cloud storage services like Google Drive for free, all without having to put up with Photobucket's bullshit interface and overwhelming ads.

The whole point of Photobucket was it offered photo hosting in order to share the photos on message boards. And now they want $400/year for that feature.

There are a number of other websites that offer a better photo hosting service for a significantly cheaper price. And there are a number of much better options for free online storage. So either way, Photobucket is now pointless.

I agree that they are pointless to use. My most recent experiences there are that you can't even see your images onsite, unless you're logged into your account. So you can't even use the bad excuse that you can use Photobucket as a cheap online photo album.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
January 14, 2020, 11:15 AM
GCE61
Well, I finally gave up on Photobucket, then tried Amazon Photos but they don't show up here, so now switched to Postimage… let's see if this works-

January 14, 2020, 04:09 PM
kimberkid
Postimage works fine, the only thing I had to get used to was putting brackets around "img" and "/img" or using the photo function in the toolbar

For somereason, the tool bar at THR doesn't find pictures at Postimage, that you have to do manually.

I've considered going back to Photobucket with their paid account to remove advertising ... there may also be a limit to the size of the account, but its only like $2/month ...
but then I think, I'm use to Postimage now, why change again ... although postimage won't host the picture for my avatar ... I think its something in the coding here because it works for pictures I post.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink