SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fed funds to provide teachers firearms?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fed funds to provide teachers firearms? Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted
Apparently Betsy DeVos is considering how to provide firearms to school teachers. of course heads on the Left are about to explode over this. Personally, I’d be OK with taking a bunch of those CMP bound 1911s and designating them for that use. The government already owns them and although some would need repair, that should be a minor expense as opposed to buying new firearms. The only teachers we really want taking on this sort of thing shouldn’t mind working with a .45 ACP, IMO.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I can think of worse things the Dept of Education spends our money on.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Apparently Betsy DeVos is considering how to provide firearms to school teachers. of course heads on the Left are about to explode over this. Personally, I’d be OK with taking a bunch of those CMP bound 1911s and designating them for that use. The government already owns them and although some would need repair, that should be a minor expense as opposed to buying new firearms. The only teachers we really want taking on this sort of thing shouldn’t mind working with a .45 ACP, IMO.

Those .45’s should be sold through the CMP system, not given to teachers. Better as collectibles, imo.

You’d get sick if you knew how many guns were destroyed annually by the government. I’m talking modern, serviceable pistols, among other things.

My agency passed on taking possession of MANY P226 .40’s several years ago, and a huge number of new, unused P239 40’s from the ATF. All because of congress’s investigating federal agency firearms inventories stemming from the US Park Police losing track of guns that had been seized. They didn’t want to “deal with” having more guns on the books. I’m talking pallets of lightly used and brand new guns.

To this day I pray someone was able to use them so they didn’t get slagged.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
My son recently accepted a teaching position in a Title 1 public school in a nearby city. I wouldn’t at all mind his being armed in that neighborhood and in the classroom.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
And out comes the "Race card" Roll Eyes

MSNBC contributor Yamiche Alcindor alleged on Thursday that if teachers are armed with guns they might shoot their minority students.

Alcindor was reacting to reports that secretary of education Betsy DeVos is considering a proposal that would allow states to use federal funds to arm teachers.

“There are some people I have talked to, some advocates, who are very worried about the racial impacts that this will have … if you start arming teachers, you look at the statistics and say there are black and brown students who are being discipline more than their white counterparts, you could then start seeing statistics where potentially black students are getting shot or in accidents when their teachers are trying to shoot,” Alcindor claimed.

“The NAACP and other advocacy groups say, not only are we looking at this as an issue issue, but it’s also the idea that racially it’s going to be a problem,” she asserted.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08...s-minority-students/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^How the fuck does someone jump to that conclusion?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Consider the source and realize mental illness is likely involved in their thinking process.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Of course while folks like us ponder these things, there are academics who are trying to figure out how to cripple any potential good that might come from arming teachers. Can you hear the policies being hatched right now?
quote:
Yes, you can carry a gun, but it cannot be loaded and the ammunition must be stored under lock and key, probably in the school’s office.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe route some of the best M9/M9A1s in the inventory towards that purpose, especially if the candidates have military experience?

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The crazy thing is that these shooting don't usually happen in the poor inner city schools.

They happen in the mostly White suburb schools.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Inner city kids know the other students are more likely to be armed and fight back.

They're also less apt to try to make a "name" for themselves. They aren't under the illusions that students at the other schools are more likely to be.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
MSNBC contributor Yamiche Alcindor alleged on Thursday that if teachers are armed with guns they might shoot their minority students.

And the word of today kids is...."Projection". These mentally ill nitwits simply project their own lack of control, civility, and hatred onto everyone else who 'is' under control.

Personally I don't care how they become armed. Those teachers who are willing and able to be armed to protect themselves and their students should be. End of story.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
they shouldn't just hand out guns to teachers who either don't want them or aren't trained.

Then the guns would be a liability.

Just change the laws and allow the people who DO have permits and training to bring their own guns to school with them.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
they shouldn't just hand out guns to teachers who either don't want them or aren't trained.

Then the guns would be a liability.

Just change the laws and allow the people who DO have permits and training to bring their own guns to school with them.

The fuck is this? This makes sense! We can't have that. Haram, guy, absolutely haram.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SBrooks has a great point. If they want to have a gun to protect the students at school they already have one. Put the money towards additional training. No need to purchase guns, have an armory ect.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Ha! Ever teach inner city minority kids? I have... Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
While the suggestion of simply allowing those teachers who already have carry licenses to pack at school, ( along with the training and qualification, ) makes sense, there are those teachers who are competent with firearms, have training and/or a military background, but who don't own handguns, ( as we all know, the teaching profession isn't the best paid, unfortunately Mad ) that this plan would help.

I say, modify the plan to allow for both options.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post