SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A wonderful parenting success.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A wonderful parenting success. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
My five year old daughter came up to me before her soccer game upset. She realized they were playing the same team that had a girl who talked trash and pushed her on the field. She asked me if it was ok to say something back or push her. I said "no, don't let her upset you. You don't say a word to her, you don't hit her, this is what you do. Steal the ball from her, go down the field and put it in the net over and over. That is how you get back at her". My little girl played with a fury I have never seen before. She stole the ball from that prick and put it in the net FIVE times. The look on that girls face that was giving my daughter a hard time was absolutely priceless. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Owned! Big Grin

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I like stories like this. Big Grin I was bullied growing up.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic! Good job, Dad.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
Another life lesson, Success is the best revenge.

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Awesome job on your part and hers!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good lesson to learn early.

Actions speak louder than words.

I have a child currently playing D1 soccer and we have had this discussion a few times.

Great job.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Proud of your daughter and you. Smile

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
A friend had a daughter in a similar situation and used the same advice, but it was for the whole team. Apparently the team they were about to play had a reputation for playing rough and loose. He told the whole team the way to get back was occupy the ball and out score the other team. It was a slaughter!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Give you daughter a hi-five for us.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
Excellent same advice i got from my father dont get mad play better

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That put a big smile on my face. Thanks!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Excellent lesson on controlling emotions. I tell my children frequently THEY get to choose how to react to something.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post