SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "firearms" bookmark folder disappeared
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"firearms" bookmark folder disappeared Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
In Chrome. Win 10. I had a bookmark folder named "firearms" that held links to firearm related sites. It disappeared this week but my other folders are fine. What gives? It is gone on my synced pad also. Can I get it back?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
any chance you accidentally dragged it and thus it got nested into another folder? Hunt for it.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
do a hard drive search for "Firearms"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
any chance you accidentally dragged it and thus it got nested into another folder? Hunt for it.

The number of times end-users put in helpdesk requests to restore folders lost just that way...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm amused that when I am in Chrome on my mobile, it remembers all of the last sites I have accessed (for easily finding them again) EXCEPT free republic. LOL. Those lib fuckwads from Google are so transparent. Firefox has no such issue and that's what I use now.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puddle Pirate
Picture of kornesque
posted Hide Post
Your browser didn't have an unfortunate boating accident recently by chance?

"Happiness is red and free."

Posts: 1794 | Location: Low Country, SC | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My book marks to this website as well as another would not work with Mozilla on my newer computer that has auto updates. I had to re-bookmark them and uncheck to block "dangerous" websites.
The other gun website was also blocked by Chrome, I never got that resolved.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sigforum is dangerous? Who knew?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Sigforum is dangerous? Who knew?

Dangerous to your wallet, it is.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Opera is fast and thus far has been shenanigan-free

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently used my iPhone to access Sigforum at Panera, using their wifi. Panera's avatar over-wrote Sigforum's avatar. I didn't notice for a while because they are the same color and it's small. Now, when I'm hungry for bread and pastries, I browse Sigforum instead.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I had searched for the folder name before I posted. No love. I also couldn't find a way to restore. I am wondering if this was accidental or did Bloomburg get a seat on Google's board? Do I need a tin foil hat?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
perhaps going back to an older system state would bring it back.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post