SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a new carry on
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new carry on Login/Join 
easy money
posted
Hello!

Search feature didn’t turn anything up - but I am sure this was just discussed. What’s the best name in tough carry on luggage, hard sided and durable enough for international carry?

Thank you!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You said hard side and durable, but you didn't say cheap. I like Halliburton cases. They can be had in a variety of configurations and sizes. Pelican cases are also durable and available in many sizes and configurations. Brand new, both are going to run $200 or more, possibly quite a bit more. Depending on how quickly you need a case, I'd keep an eye on Craig's list or other sites local to you in search of a bargain. A used case that looks a little beat up on the outside probably won't attract as much attention compared to a brand new case, should you ever have to check the thing.

A couple of years ago, my wife found a Halliburton carry on, set up as a laptop case on one side and travel stuff on the other, for FREE. A local company was moving to smaller digs and was anxious to get rid of stuff they weren't using, including that case.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post