SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend a new top load washer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a new top load washer Login/Join 
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
Speed Queen. Works great and very reliable. Wash cycle 30 minutes

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speed Queen for sure.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are dead set on spending more money for a commercial type wash, Speedqueen is it. If you want to spend less and get a 10 year warranty on the motor and transmission, get the upper line Maytag Bravo's. I spent $400 less on my Bravo's than the speed queen we looked at. Our model is the 655DW. You can find them for $600 on sale. It looks like all the new speed queen models are 3.3 cubic feet, where they used to offer a 4.5 cubic feet.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the responses. I went to Rosners, in West Palm Beach. They had a few of last years models Speed Queen left so I picked one up. In researching, it looks like the 2018 models are not built as well. I got the model 432 for $900 out the door so I felt pretty good although that could have been 1.5 Glocks. Thanks again !

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:

I just bought new set of Speed Queen analog/mechanical washer/gas dryer. I was told by two different salesmen at two different stores that the 2018 models would have changes. It is likely not too late to find the pre-change models available (I did; only a few weeks ago). Now is the time if you want them.

Today, I just bought last year's models, not easy to find in DFW. Got a top load and dryer. Had to drive 25 miles to do business. All of the local dealers ran out of the 2017 models, waiting for the new 2018 ones.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by amals:

I just bought new set of Speed Queen analog/mechanical washer/gas dryer. I was told by two different salesmen at two different stores that the 2018 models would have changes. It is likely not too late to find the pre-change models available (I did; only a few weeks ago). Now is the time if you want them.

Today, I just bought last year's models, not easy to find in DFW. Got a top load and dryer. Had to drive 25 miles to do business. All of the local dealers ran out of the 2017 models, waiting for the new 2018 ones.

Well worth the drive, I'm sure you'll agree. I was lucky; one of the best (family-owned, third generation) appliance dealers in town is a few miles down a major street from me. Quick and easy.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post