SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend a new top load washer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a new top load washer Login/Join 
Picture of indigoss
posted
My front load LG is on its last leg. I hate running clothes through multiple cycles to get them clean. I think a top load washer will do a better job as I had one before this LG POS. If anyone has a recommendation, please let me know.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
In first with Speed Queen.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Roper is great and last

Ive never had a problem with my Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer

Good to know when it goes I shouldn't get a LG

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Seconded... our Electrolux sucked

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
I got this GE top loader over the summer. Relatively simple model to operate, nothing fancy, it just works. I didn't want expensive fancy displays or computerized wifi enabled whatever, just something simple that washes my clothes when I press start. Simple Is Good. Wink

http://products.geappliances.c...a-specs/GTW330ASKWW#

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Appliance Brad always said Speed Queen was top notch. That's good enough for me.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I also vote Speed Queen. My top loader cost me $900 but its WELL worth it. Direct drive, 5 year warranty on parts and electronic keypad (instead of dials) and made in the USA. Solid as a rock. Speed queen makes the machines for laundry mats.
Previously, I was a die hard whirlpool fan (direct drive also, easy to work on, no PCB's to go bad) but now just about every damn machine out there FORCES you to use the amount of water (wash and rinse) the machine determines you need, don't have an override other than "fill to the top", and wash for as long as the "dirt sensor" tells it to. Walk away...

NRA Life Member
Member - SAF/ANJRPC

Posts: 155 | Registered: April 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool Cabrios. I'm very happy with mine. Speed Queens are too small. 3.5 cu foot versus 4.8 cu foot......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Whirlpool Cabrios. I'm very happy with mine. Speed Queens are too small. 3.5 cu foot versus 4.8 cu foot......

Cabrios here too, been happy with them, no complaints.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
We have had our Sq for about 3 years. Good so far.
We had a basic Kemore front loader and it lasted 11 years.

But I wanted a top load again. Much nicer imho. We are happy.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Anybody mention SpeedQueen? Big Grin

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
Speed Queen is going through a model change with their top load laundry. Last years version had a transmission that had a 15 year warranty, no lid lock and no automatic load sensor.
This years has some changes. Examples are 1 hp variable speed motor, the transmission is gone and is now has a load sensing option. The dial control models send the signal to a control unit that runs the motor.
There are other changes as well. They are still built like tanks with less parts.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
My story ,started with speed queen pair in 1965,they lasted a few years and did poor job,specially the sealed washer drum,that thing spun soiled water over the inter tub to the outer tub.Left sand from us washing dirty fishing clothes.
I got a job with Sears in 1970,selling Appliances.
Our store kept a couple live hooked up set for demo.
I on an off day carried some of my dirty river cloths and tested.
Bought my first set of Kenmore 800 model's
Lost them in divorce, new set of 800 when I married second wife.
They still run fine and only 28 years old.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10 November, 1775
Picture of MarinetoRN
posted Hide Post
I had one of those high speed maytag pair. Clothes on top with I started were still on top when finished. Soap residue. etc. Cashed them in for a Speed Queen. One of my better decisions.

SiGArm'd

P220ST X2, 1911 Revolution, P245, P229 RTTEQ/ST .40 X2, P226ST, Mosquito
Other weaponry not SIG

Glocks are ugly.
I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: August 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Wife's been really happy with her Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer for a little over three years now.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob at the Beach:
Speed Queen is going through a model change with their top load laundry. Last years version had a transmission that had a 15 year warranty, no lid lock and no automatic load sensor.
This years has some changes. Examples are 1 hp variable speed motor, the transmission is gone and is now has a load sensing option. The dial control models send the signal to a control unit that runs the motor.
There are other changes as well. They are still built like tanks with less parts.

I just bought new set of Speed Queen analog/mechanical washer/gas dryer. I was told by two different salesmen at two different stores that the 2018 models would have changes. It is likely not too late to find the pre-change models available (I did; only a few weeks ago). Now is the time if you want them.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Speed Queen.

Whatever brand washer that came with our house just died and the wife immediately had me go and get a Speed Queen.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

We just had to replace our washer last weekend. After considerable research (I’m a research nerd for damn near any purchase) we found the Speed Queen machines have metal parts instead of plastic in their motors. That sold it to us. Also, the model we bought is NOT high efficiency - my wife said “it fills all the way up with water!” It’s a beast!

Good luck,

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I took Appliance Brad's advice in 2008 and bought a Whirlpool Cabrio. Good service for 8 years and we moved and sold the set to the buyer of our house. Took AB's advice again and bought SQ analog set a little over a year ago. It's better than the Cabrio.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Whatever you decide, stay far away from Samsung. I work part time at Lowe's and we get lots of these returned for one reason or another. The biggest reason is it failed, and nobody around will service them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post