SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Measles in Europe
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Measles in Europe Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I was in Germany in the early 80s, and remember when President Regan deployed them and the worry it caused the Rooskies.

Pershing II, never fired, but still effectively defeated the Sovy-yetz.

Measles, not missles!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Some people try to tar all vaccines with the pitiful brush of, “I knew someone who was vaccinated and still got sick,” which is a perfect example of illogical, diseased thinking.

In the first place, vaccines vary in effectiveness. Some are extremely effective, and some aren’t so much. Viruses and bacteria for different diseases are … well, different. Seasonable influenza vaccines are a perfect example because there are so many flu variants, and it’s easy to guess wrong about which one will show up during a particular year.

Universal vaccination helps protect everyone even if the vaccine doesn’t work for a specific individual because there’s less of the disease floating around, and less exposure for those who the vaccine doesn’t work for.
I guess, though, that that’s rocket surgery or something because it’s evidently impossible for some people to comprehend.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post