SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    5 year old calls 911 to report the Grinch is planning to steal Christmas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 year old calls 911 to report the Grinch is planning to steal Christmas Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
5-year-old calls 911 to report that Grinch plans to steal Christmas

Mississippi boy calls 911 to report Grinch for stealing Christmas

After watching Dr. Suess' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," 5-year-old TyLon Pittman called 911 afraid the Grinch could steal his Christmas presents. (TeDera Dwayne Graves II/Facebook)

Five-year-old TyLon Pittman was watching YouTube videos of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” in his home in Mississippi when he suddenly became afraid.

He reached for the house phone and called 911 to report an urgent tip.

“I just want to tell you something. Watch for that little Grinch. Because the Grinch is gonna steal Christmas, okay?” TyLon said on the 911 call, which was posted on the Clarion-Ledger website.

The 911 dispatcher asked the child if he was home alone. His father quickly came to the phone and apologized for his son’s call to the police in Byram, Miss.

“No, no it’s fine,” the 911 dispatcher said with a laugh. “He called in saying the Grinch was trying to steal his Christmas.”

TyLon’s brother and mother were out shopping when it happened, and learned about it two hours later when there was a knock on the door about 9 p.m. Saturday.

TyLon’s brother, TeDera Graves, a senior airman in the Air Force, answered the door and saw a police officer standing there.

“I cracked the door and saw the uniform and she explained to me, ‘I’m looking for a little boy who was watching the Grinch?’ ” said Graves, 25. “We called him out and he explained to her what happened.”

The officer told Graves that normally police don’t respond to these kinds of calls. Graves grabbed his phone and started recording as the officer told TyLon that she’d protect him from the Grinch.

“She said she thought it was the cutest thing,” Graves said. “She wanted to pay him a visit to let him know his Christmas will be safe.”

Then the police department took it a step further.

They invited TyLon and his family to tour the police station on Monday. When the 5-year-old arrived, they surprised him with a real-life Grinch (really someone dressed in a Grinch costume) who was in a police car. They told TyLon to lock him up.

TyLon took the Grinch by his hand and put him in a holding cell and locked the door. The boy then reluctantly let him out, and the Grinch commended TyLon on his bravery.

5-year-old gets to lock up the Grinch in jail after calling police to report him

Five-year-old TyLon Pittman of Mississippi called 911 to report the Grinch to police. On Dec. 18, officers allowed TyLon to “put the Grinch behind bars." (Facebook/TeDera Dwayne Graves II)

Graves said that even before this happened, TyLon wanted to be a police officer, and that he does even more so now. Graves described his brother as an outgoing kindergartner who regularly makes his family laugh.

Graves said his family has enjoyed the attention the 911 call has brought, and thinks the whole episode is pretty amusing.

“We thought it was funny, we were shocked he actually did it,” Graves said. “But we had a talk with him about when it’s OK to call 911.”

Staff researcher Magda Jean-Louis contributed to this report.

Read more:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.2b73cf1775c4

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
That’s such a cute story right there!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so full of win Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Kid is doing the right thing calling in hot tips to the po-po

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope he got credit on his end of year stats for the pinch.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I hope he got credit on his end of year stats for the pinch.

Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that the Christmas Spirit displayed by the Whos turned the Grinch into a pretty good guy at the end.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That is so awesome. I love reading these stories.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
SWATting the Grinch? Why didn't I think of that?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Pretty funny, kids are kids. Good on the dept for going with it.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post