SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I, for one, welcome our new Human-zee overlords
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I, for one, welcome our new Human-zee overlords Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
This is kinda creepy.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/...lab-killed-humanzee/

quote:
A HUMAN-chimpanzee hybrid was born in a Florida lab 100 years ago before being killed by panicked doctors, claims a renowned scientist.

Evolutionary psychologist Gordon Gallup coined the term “humanzee” which refers to a human-chimp crossbreed – a scientifically possible hybridisation which was attempted throughout the 20th century.

Gallup, who developed the famous mirror "self-recognition" test which proved primates could acknowledge their own reflection, claims his former university professor told him that a humanzee baby was born at a research facility where he used to work.

Speaking to The Sun Online, he said: “One of the most interesting cases involved an attempt which was made back in the 1920s in what was the first primate research centre established in the US in Orange Park, Florida.

“They inseminated a female chimpanzee with human semen from an undisclosed donor and claimed not only that pregnancy occurred but the pregnancy went full term and resulted in a live birth.

“But in the matter of days, or a few weeks, they began to consider the moral and ethical considerations and the infant was euthanised.”

Gallup said the professor worked at Yerkes before the research centre moved to Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia in 1930.

He added: “He told me the rumour was true. And he was a credible scientist in his own right.”

The most infamous humanzee project was conducted by Russia biologist Ilya Ivanov - also in the 1920s - who tried and failed to create a Soviet super-soldier using human sperm and female chimps.

Another reported case happened in Maoist China in 1967 where a female primate became pregnant with a human-hybrid only to die from neglect after the lab's scientists were forced to abandon the project following the outbreak of the Cultural Revolution.

Gallup’s term humanzee became well known in the 1970s after the emergence of a creature known as Oliver – a bald chimp who walked on his hind legs.

But tests conducted on Oliver in 1996 proved once and for all that the animal had 48 chromosomes and was therefore not a human-hybrid.

Gallup said: “It was proven that Oliver was not a humanzee despite the fact that he looked very similar in terms of assuming an upright posture and having a protruding nose and all kinds of other things.”

And Gallup, who teaches biopsychology at the University at Albany in New York, insists that humans can be crossbred with all the great apes – not just chimpanzees.

He said: “All of the available evidence both fossil, paleontological and biochemical, including DNA itself, suggests that humans can also breed with gorillas and orangutans.

“Humans and all three of the great apes species are all descended from a single common ape-like ancestry.

“I’ve also coined what would be the appropriate terms to refer to human-gorilla hybrids and human-orangutan hybrids which would be a ‘hurilla’ and a 'hurang'.”

Asked whether he would be in favour of a humanzee being brought into the world, Gallup replied: “I think it’s a fascinating question and I think it would have profound psychological and biological implications.

“But whether the cost would justify the benefit is the other question in this equation.”

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I think The Sun is essentially the English version of what The Weekly World News used to be here.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
let me know when catgirls are a thing.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
And the proof ?

Not even a SHRED of evidence. Just decades-old heresay.

But we are supposed to blindly believe this because SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!! Roll Eyes

Pretty soon the msm will start hounding "Humanzee Deniers" like myself, for daring to disagree with "Science."

I am not joking.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm of the mind- If there's T+A in the sidebar it's probably tabloid garbage.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
That's nothing.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering the depravity of man, if it could be done it would have been done.

If it had been done they would have rushed to get publicity and an effort would have been made to make money off it.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Women having sex with male chimpanzees and/or men having sex with female chimpanzees.

Well, heck, bestiality seems to be legal in Canada. Maybe that explains some of the weirdoes up there. Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
They used to have stories like that all the time in the National Enquirer and the Midnight News back in the early 60's.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Humanzee is nothing. I spawned and raised four devil children....lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Waiting to hear from our own Sigmonkey. His opinion will be the only one to count here.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
And the proof ?

Not even a SHRED of evidence. Just decades-old heresay.

But we are supposed to blindly believe this because SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!! Roll Eyes

Pretty soon the msm will start hounding "Humanzee Deniers" like myself, for daring to disagree with "Science."

I am not joking.

Well...him a "renowned scientist" and all...sounds legit Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of a scene in Men in Black where Tommy Lee Jones' character is looking over all the tabloids (he called them "hot sheets") at a newsstand and calling them "Best investigative reporting on the planet, son." Big Grin

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Waiting to hear from our own Sigmonkey. His opinion will be the only one to count here.

There's just some things we won't do!

Hint.

(Banging women like bongos is not one of them...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI for y'all who might not realize it - that is, possibly, one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen published, and I cannot believe Drudge carried it.

It reveals a shocking lack of any understanding of DNA/Meiosis.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't know about chimps, but orangutangs are pretty hot. Redheads.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stray Round:
Considering the depravity of man, if it could be done it would have been done.

Yep and not in labs. And you can bet all cases weren't after last call.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post