SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LEGISLATIVE ALERT - 2/21/18 Update. Multiple bills still active. Keep up the support! New links Pg. 2!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEGISLATIVE ALERT - 2/21/18 Update. Multiple bills still active. Keep up the support! New links Pg. 2!! Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
Greetings SigForum,

(Posting in the Lounge with permission from Para.)

Washington State Gun Owners need your help TODAY, Monday 1/15/18.

Some of you live in Washington or have relatives that do.

ALL of you have fellow SigForum members that live in the Evergreen State.

Democrats now control the state legislature.

There are some truly concerning measures going into committee in Olympia, WA. today, 1/15/18. You can read about them here:

https://app.leg.wa.gov/CMD/agenda.aspx?mid=27806

They cover everything from 'assault weapon' and 'high capacity' magazine registration to requiring annual licensing to keep them to eliminating the state pre-emption on firearms, opening the door to allow cities and counties to enact even more restrictive legislation.

Washington residents can email their legislators numerous ways, but the easiest might be through the NRA-ILA 'Write Your State Lawmakers.' Simply enter the requisite info in the fields, and it will automatically direct your message to the proper legislators.

Even if you don't live in Washington, you can still send pre-drafted opposition messages through the Firearms Policy Coalition, it only takes a few seconds (each).

Here are the links:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org...ctivation_device_ban

https://www.firearmspolicy.org...049_the_magazine_ban

https://www.firearmspolicy.org...ed_background_checks

https://www.firearmspolicy.org...nsible_for_criminals

https://www.firearmspolicy.org...to_violate_2a_rights

Regards,
Boss

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Boss1,

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
done

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Don't let us turn into another California. That would be a bummer, and you don't want the Joymaker bummed, do you? No, you do not want the Joymaker bummed.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Done.

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Not in Washington, but I did it. I hope it makes a difference.

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Chris Christie and the anti Gunners just approved this ban in NJ, no surprise...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Greetings,

As an update, the hearings were held today, with reportedly a sizeable turn out, almost 1000 people in attendance (both sides).

Reportedly more than 1,500 emails have been received by the legislature on the issue(s).

IMHO, That doesn't seem like a staggeringly high number.

Which means every, single email carries that much more weight and can make a difference.

If you'd like to help out, the links are above.

Thanks!
BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Done

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Reckon this is the one to be voted on today, SB 5992 -- the "Trigger Activation Device Ban"

Tell 'em to eat shit.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Reckon this is the one to be voted on today, SB 5992 -- the "Trigger Activation Device Ban"

Thanks for the update.

If I understand correctly, *if* the proposed amendments to the bill are incorporated, which appear to specifically list 'bump stocks,' instead of the very, very broad 'trigger activation device' as well as provide to where they are still able to be purchased, to include possibly waiving background checks for CPL holders, it would be a significantly different than originally proposed.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Don't let us turn into another California. That would be a bummer, and you don't want the Joymaker bummed, do you? No, you do not want the Joymaker bummed.

Well that's reason enough for me, done.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
And here's the outrage of it all:

As of December 2017, Democrats control both houses of the Washington State Legislature. Democrats hold a 50-48 majority in the House of Representatives and a 25-24 majority in the Senate, with one "Independent Democrat" senator caucusing with the Republicans.

One vote in the senate can put this into the works and of course there will be some week kneed Rino from somewhere that thinks slowing down a trigger will save the whales, er children, if he reads the bill at all.

This is a real coin toss. A lot of WA Repubs are pusses, they'd rather go to the cool-kid party than stay the course and see what these travesties would really accomplish, which of course would be dick.

My district is totally blue and my most local guy thinks these don't go far enough.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Here's my guy. Imagine a conversation you might have and don't forget the condescending, precious, I'm smart and you eat worms attitude.

Drew Hansen is an American politician of the Democratic Party and author. He is a member of the Washington House of Representatives, representing the 23rd district.[1] Hansen is a Harvard graduate and Rhodes Scholar. He studied theology at Oxford University and earned his J.D. at Yale Law School.[2] He is the author of "The Dream: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Speech that Inspired a Nation".[3]

I'll be in my room, screaming.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Takko and Blake could scuttle raft of gun control bills

Here's where the hope is.

quote:

posted Hide Post
A little late to the party, but I signed.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post