SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    College football player Bodyslams Officer caught on Video
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

College football player Bodyslams Officer caught on Video Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not much of a slam, fork-lifted the officer through, big guy. Hand-to-hand skills for LEO are lacking, less gender sensitivity and identification classes and more unarmed martial skills.

Female partner failed to find her ON switch, I think we all know how she got through the academy. Time for her to get moved to processing, admin or, PR duty. She'll be hearing about this incident the rest of her career.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I would wager a large sum of money that the perp used the MF word approximately 82 times during that encounter. The video is a 165 seconds long, after all. Roll Eyes

Rookie numbers.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Obvious that female cop was scared shitless the whole time. She needs to be sent to dispatch.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Perfect draft choice for the National Felons League! He will fit right in.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

Love the part where the perp yanks his hoodie over his head

I guess I don't understand hoodie culture. Why was that critical to the escape at that moment?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
First, yes, it was indeed a body slam. Attempted anyway. The slammee held onto the perp with arms and legs to mitigate the contact.
Second, I agree the second officer did not read the signs and was late getting involved.
Third, where the hell was that third officer the whole time it was escalating? Seriously, watch for his appearance. Was he in the white SUV cruiser? Or was he in the vehicle that pulled up? Or what?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

Love the part where the perp yanks his hoodie over his head

I guess I don't understand hoodie culture. Why was that critical to the escape at that moment?

to avoid the pepper spray

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
re-watching it... very fortunate the grappled LEO had the presence of mind to extend his leg perpendicular to the ground at the 34 second mark

had he not done that it would have likely been lights out

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't even be worth watching if the arrestee didn't manage to pick the cop up. Luckily, the alpha officer was a tall guy who handled himself well grappling with a professional athlete. If he had a capable partner, this would have been a routine arrest.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much vetting at EKU. I wonder if Auburn knew about his impulse control issues??

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
This was discussed on Police One.Com. I am going to post from an officer who knows about the incident:

The suspect is a 19 year old 603 245 linebacker that played for Auburn last year. He was high on unknown drug(s). The suspect was pepper sprayed prior to assaulting the officer. When the officer got picked up, he sucked in tight and as he came down, he broke his fall, not allowing himself to be slammed. Once on the ground, he believed the suspect was unconscious and as the female officer went to tase the suspect, waved her off. This avoided an excessive use of force. The male officer is in extremely good shape and no slouch when it comes to defensive tactics. Unfortunately, the young drug riddled football player was able to get his hands on the officer but the best possible outcome was achieved with no injuries to the officers.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Useless woman officer. She should have tazed the perp long before he got out of hand. She obviously sailed through her Academy for statistical and policital correctness reasons. He lack of action puts her brother officers at risk. Maybe she should be riding on a golf cart and writing parking tickets to offset her paycheck.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Not defending that drunk POS, but I wouldn't necessarily call that a body slam. Yup...some hickory shampoo and I'd even vote in favor of a few vent holes...sized 9mm. That's why I'm not a police officer...

Thank you, those on the Thin Blue Line every day.

Agreed. Fuck that guy, but that was a takedown, not a body slam. Since we have to use “alleged” for these idiots, it seems only fair and honest to call it an “attempted” body slam.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
100% I would have shot him.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
After all that and officer #1's hat never comes off, he stands back up with it right on his head. Good job, glad they didn't get hurt.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Shorty should have reached in and grabbed him by the dick and held on. He probably would have resisted less then what they were doing.

My Dad, when he was in his late sixties, had a paper route for something to do. It started at 4am. Two punks threatened him one morning so he went to one knee and grabbed one of them by the ball sack and squeezed with his old man power. The punk folded like cheap furniture, and Dad was left alone forever. Nothing like a double nut squeeze to give a punk perspective. Shouldn’t be wearing those loose fitting basketball shorts when you’re messing with the old man. Resistance level zero.

My girlfriend was a newspaper distributor for around 30 years. One morning around 3:30 am she was at a store putting papers by the door. A guy drove up and to get a drink out of the machine. She had made it back to the side of her truck when he started unzipping his jeans. He smiled and said 'I have something for you' She told him she had something for him too. She picked up her .357 mag. and pointed at him didn't take long for him to figure out she didn't want what he had. And he sure didn't want what she had for him.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Not much vetting at EKU. I wonder if Auburn knew about his impulse control issues??

Probably not a stretch to correlate the reasons for his transfer and his behavior in this video.

It's pretty well known, that programs looking to 'take the next step' in their ascendency, usually end up having to recruit into the pool of unsavory characters and flawed individuals, in order to compete with the major programs who're able haul-in the blue-chippers. Most of time, the schools get burned, Auburn showed him the door, EKU was all too eager to snatch-up a SEC player.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t call that a body slam, but a take down that could have been a lot worse. Regardless, it was taser time long before that take down occurred. And a baton strike to a muscular athlete under the influence would not be my first choice. I’ve seen them fail on less physically developed folks.

And the way he wraps his hoody around his face? My guess is that he was preparing for pepper spray deployment and that this is not his first rodeo with law enforcement.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So when will the SJW morons come out and march because the police picked on a poor disadvantaged black guy that didn't do anything? He's a good boy, going to college, volunteering at various organizations, goes to church every morning, is still a virgin, and is a stand up citizen. The police only stopped him because he's black in a white mans neighborhood. Where ya at Jessie and Al?

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Nightstick to his left knee cap probably would have ended it, and his playing days at EKU and elsewhere. Back to the streets selling drugs thug.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post