SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    College football player Bodyslams Officer caught on Video
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

College football player Bodyslams Officer caught on Video Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
A linebacker at Eastern Kentucky University is in serious trouble.

Michael Harris, a former four-star linebacker in the class of 2018 and Auburn transfer, has been charged with three counts of felony assault on a police officer, along with misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct (two counts), resisting arrest (two counts), obstructing officials business (two counts), and persistent disorderly conduct while intoxicated (two counts) after body-slamming an officer in Grove City, Ohio this week.

TMZ Sports obtained video footage of the incident, with police confronting an “erratic” Harris in a parking lot and the situation escalating from there.

Check it out:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...meQ&feature=youtu.be

According to the official arrest report, the incident occurred on Monday, Feb. 10, with Harris since being transferred to the Franklin County Ohio Jail.

TMZ Sports reports that a woman in Grove City called the police to inform them of a man acting “aggressive” and “did not seem to be ‘all there.'”

After arriving on the scene, things quickly turned physical, with the EKU linebacker eventually picking up one officer and slamming him to the ground before ultimately being restrained and arrested.

According to the report, the officer avoided any serious injury in the fall, with the officers actually taking Harris to the hospital to “get checked out” before he was taken to jail.

The report also adds that in a search of Harris’ vehicle, they found pills and a digital scale that is “consistent with drug use,” though officers noted that the EKU linebacker denied use of medications or “illicit drugs.”

In an email sent to the Eastern Progress, EKU assistant athletics director for communications and branding Kevin Britton said the school “cannot comment further” on the situation, outside of Harris’ current status as a redshirt sophomore on the football roster and student at the school.

“Michael Harris is currently enrolled at EKU and is listed as a redshirt sophomore on the EKU football roster. EKU cannot comment further on current team status or potential disciplinary action related to a specific student-athlete due to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA),” Britton said in an email, via the Eastern Progress.

LInk

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
How tall is that female cop?
Maybe she should not be on the frontline?

Looks like she pulls a taser at one point then puts it away.

Props to the male cop for not being intimidated, props to all police for doing this kind of work.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Is he breathing ? I don't think he can breathe!!!! Why won't the police let him breathe?????

Posts: 540 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It’s time for a hickory shampoo

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That second cop was useless.

It looks more like he didn't want to go with the cops or get arrested then outright trying to fight the cop. I think it he really put up a fight it would have ended up with an injured officer and he may have ended up shotified.

Glad the officer wasn't hurt.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whats the rules say about all three of the cops tazing him until he cuffs himself, and drives himself to the jail ?

maybe he also buys all three of them lunch at the drive through

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

A smack on the lower leg with a 36" Hickory stick would put him down.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Not defending that drunk POS, but I wouldn't necessarily call that a body slam. Yup...some hickory shampoo and I'd even vote in favor of a few vent holes...sized 9mm. That's why I'm not a police officer...

Thank you, those on the Thin Blue Line every day.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Where's a damn dog when you need one? And yes, officer #2 should be pushing paperwork at the station, not on patrol.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Maybe I didn’t see it right, but it looked more like he picked the officer up and set him down horizontal. Had he slammed the officer from that height it would not have been good.

Sure looked like a lot of de-escalation and perp’s rights going on there. My first thought when he set the officer down was that in the “bad old days” the female officer might have got out the hickory shampoo and started whaling on his head. Not that that would necessarily have been a good thing, but it might have resulted in quicker control.

I guess since everyone got out of it with no significant injuries and if anything it looks like the officers used an excess of restraint there shouldn’t be a bunch of hassles about excessive force.

My hat is off to all who take up the shield and do a thankless job under lots of scrutiny from folks who won’t take responsibility for their own security but want to MMQ and crucify the officers for any little thing that _they_ think might be excessive from the comfort of their recliner.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow, he's lucky he didn't get shot.

Love the part where the perp yanks his hoodie over his head and prepares to jump in his Acura.

Happy Happy Snort Snort at home, Harris. With a tether between couch, fridge, and bathroom. In another country, please. How about Singapore or Saudi Arabia?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Instant asshole, just add alcohol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I would wager a large sum of money that the perp used the MF word approximately 82 times during that encounter. The video is a 165 seconds long, after all. Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

A smack on the lower leg with a 36" Hickory stick would put him down.

I think those officers showed a lot of restraint. I would have thumped him, if that didn’t work tase him and then gone to the handgun. If that perp had a knife he could have killed that cop pretty easily.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Shorty should have reached in and grabbed him by the dick and held on. He probably would have resisted less then what they were doing.

My Dad, when he was in his late sixties, had a paper route for something to do. It started at 4am. Two punks threatened him one morning so he went to one knee and grabbed one of them by the ball sack and squeezed with his old man power. The punk folded like cheap furniture, and Dad was left alone forever. Nothing like a double nut squeeze to give a punk perspective. Shouldn’t be wearing those loose fitting basketball shorts when you’re messing with the old man. Resistance level zero.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Where's a damn dog when you need one? And yes, officer #2 should be pushing paperwork at the station, not on patrol.

I agree. A large angry K9 would have taken care of business.

And, that female officer should not be in the field.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Totally useless female cop should be pushing papers. WTF was she doing? Playing touch football? "What am I supposed to do with this taser? Umm, put it back in holster." Mad

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
In defense of the woman cop, I think she saw where the body drop was going and made a grab at the perp's shoulder to help brake her fellow officer's fall. She contributed something as she was pulled off her own feet in the process.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's a tough vid to watch -- could have ended up much worse for everyone involved

glad the officer wasn't injured seriously. going hand-to-hand with a D1 linebacker is pretty much going to be a heckuva challenge for anyone

i always try to learn something from these types of situations

IMO she should have acted quicker with much more decisive force once the officer got hoisted

she literally stands there doing nothing for over 10 seconds... with partners like that who needs enemies?

glad they all went home in one piece in any case

------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
When someone starts getting that agitated and resisting that much, shouldn't the taser come out a lot sooner?

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post