SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Title Company/Attorneys in Florida and/or CT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Title Company/Attorneys in Florida and/or CT Login/Join 
posted
Well I decided to go through with a legal name change (for many many reasons that I would prefer not to go in to here).

I've hit a small but fairly expensive snag, sadly. I've had over 23 addresses over the past 7-8 years. I had been holding off on the name change because part of the process requires a lien/record check in each county I have lived in for the past 5 years.

As of now, it's down to 4 counties. I can wait another year and a half or so and it goes down to 3.

An attorney here in my local county will charge $125 for the lien check. I was told that I need to contact an attorney or abstracting company in each of the other three counties (Broward County FL, Fairfield County CT, and New Haven County CT).

This is looking to be a much more expensive proposition than I would like but it needs to be done. Anyone have any advice, or perhaps recommendations in those areas?

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post