SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car guys... let's talk Infiniti and Lexus for a moment, please.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car guys... let's talk Infiniti and Lexus for a moment, please. Login/Join 
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
I've had Acura, Lexus and Maxima. To me they are:
Acura - nice but underpowered
Lexus - refined but boring drive
Maxima - sporty but not as nice as the above

I'm waiting on the redesigned Q with the big V8 engine

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Is the IS300 you looked at the 4-cylinder turbo or the V6 engine? If 4-cylinder that is part of the reason for the lower cost compared with the Q50. I don't really like the drone of a 4-cylinder, and I don't care about the small MPG difference, so I would pay a bit more for the V6 engine.

That's a good point, Brett. The IS300 has the 4-cylinder turbo, and yes, a closer comparison would be the 2-liter Q50 -- the 3-liter does cost more. I've compared those two, and for the 1-2mpg difference, I'd grab the 3-liter every time.

quote:
The VQ is a great engine and the Q50 will probably have a sportier feel to it overall.

I can't argue that at all.

quote:
New car shopping is the fun part, spend a little time to check out the TLX before you commit. You may be pleasantly surprised like I was.

The shopping can be fun, for sure. I hadn't really considered Acura (not a fan of the local dealer). However, after being dead-set on Q50 and suddenly taking a liking to the IS300, I guess I should be even a bit more open-minded and have a look at Acura too.

IMO, the TLX is a decent looking car in ASpec trim, but like I mentioned before, the V6 models have a pretty poor 9AT, from what ige read on Acurazine.
Also, FWD, where the Q and IS are RWD.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I own a 2010 Lexus IS350. It's fast, handles great and the V6 is bulletproof. No issues with the car. If it ever dies and I get another sedan I would probably look at the GS. Same engine but a little more roomy. The interiors on the newer versions of these are very nice. Makes mine feel so dated.

When I bought my Lexus I also looked at Acura and Infiniti. I did not like Acura because I don't like FWD performance sedans and the INFINITI felt like the build quality was less than the Lexus. Doors felt hollow and light. The Lexus felt more solid.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
You might want to look at the new fully spec’d out Camry V6. They finally have some style to them.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
new fully spec’d out Camry V6. They finally have some style to them.

No kidding! A neighbor out the road has one in Galactic Aqua Mica. Holy smokes, that's good-looking!

It's a front-driver, and that's a different world for me. It's not really what I want, but I'd go test drive one, for sure.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post