SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Democrats try get Montana REP voters to vote Libertarian // NYT calls it for Tester
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Democrats try get Montana REP voters to vote Libertarian // NYT calls it for Tester Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
WHY these asshole 3rd party candidates HAVE to run! They siphon votes from the Republicans and in close races like ours..Get the Democrat elected.

Last votes to be counted are of course in the Liberal cities.

This pisses me off to no end. Another term for Tester.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yep. He's now magically up by 4000+. It's done.

Thanks libertarians! Mad

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NYT calls it for Tester.

Damn this pisses me off.

To just watch them pull this crap.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
libertarians and independents are ALWAYS democrats by another name - no different - their result is the same no matter who, what or where they vote.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I am so pissed about this I called the MT Libertarian HQ and Thanked them for getting Tester reelected. I was polite...they are clueless.

At least Williams didn't get in.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
WHY these asshole 3rd party candidates HAVE to run! They siphon votes from the Republicans and in close races like ours..Get the Democrat elected.

Don't blame the candidate, blame those who think voting in protest creates a positive result. Stupid is as stupid does...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Don't blame the candidate, blame those who think voting in protest creates a positive result. Stupid is as stupid does...

Agreed on that. Plus in typical Republican fashion they pick a lousy candidate. Montanans are good old boys. They don't like out of Staters. WHY run a guy from MD?

I'm ranting. Simply pissed over the outcome.

Over and OUT.

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
What I can't figure out is if Montana is so Red, why would they vote for the complete opposite for Senator?

Not necessarily relating to Montana, but I have seen some mention that they don't vote same party entire ballot because they feel they are somehow promoting a more balanced or inherent check and balance in their State and Federal government offices. So it seems in some cases and States, we could very well be getting the governments we deserve instead of what might actually create balance across the country.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
What I can't figure out is if Montana is so Red, why would they vote for the complete opposite for Senator?

Reservation counties always go blue and always have (no surprise why). The People's Republic of Missoula always goes blue. Butte and DeerLodge county have been union counties since before we were a state. Gallatin and Park counties have become Northern California. There's your reason.

Thankfully, though, our Legislature generally stays in Republican control. It tends to even things out fairly well.

This latter point is one more reason to abolish the 17th Amendment (sorry JAllen, but I'm right on this). We'd send solid conservatives to the Senate if we'd do so. Senators were NEVER meant to be elected by popular vote for this very reason.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post