SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you are in the Lancaster PA area and need/want to save a dog.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you are in the Lancaster PA area and need/want to save a dog. Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
http://fox43.com/2017/07/25/la...ing-out-of-business/

The Lancaster County SPCA is closing, and has 2 dozen dogs they want to adopt out at $100 each ASAP, or they will have to euthanize them.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this sigmonkey. Hopefully some one in the area will be able to adopt them. Sad to see the changes with the shelter.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hapevo,

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's always the worst timing...I'm about 30 minutes from there, but I recently adopted two cats, and my lease only allows for two animals.

I hope they find homes for all of them. I love dogs, but between long hours civilian-side and, of course, the Army, it wouldn't be fair to the dog. My cats don't seem to give a damn though Big Grin

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Last I heard, they are giving away cats for $10 each too. But we already have enough. Smile I do hope they all find good homes.

Chris

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll forward this to my sister in Richland. Maybe she can take on another dog.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post