SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amy Schumer on SirriusXM Jim & Sam show
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amy Schumer on SirriusXM Jim & Sam show Login/Join 
Picture of muddle_mann
posted
Watch the video first since my comments are about that. It's only 4 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heUmbIh1mvg

Everytown is one of the most anti-gun group out there. From the Federal Form 4473 that ALL GUN PURCHASES must fill out. Question 11 q: Have you ever been adjudiated as a mental deffective or have you been comminted to a mental institution? Question 11 i: Have you ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence? Two quesitons about being a felon (11 b and c). Answering "yes" to any of these disqualifies one from purchasing a firearm.

So, the form covers both mental illness and domestic violence. If that is the case then what is Amy talking about? Just saying buzz words because it sounds good? If she is stumping for these causes then why isn't she educated enough to know these issues she brings up are already addressed on the Federal Form 4473?

Sounds like a desperate grab to get back whatever is left of her career. Eventually we have to pick sides and I choose not to support any of Amy Schumer's projects.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Let me take a stab at this....she's a moron. And I don't need to watch the provided video to render that diagnosis.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Let me take a stab at this....she's a moron.

More misdirected than stupid I think. I've heard her interviewed for years on O & A and other shows. Doesn't give off the stupid vibe. Since there were some gun related deaths in one of her movies she does what all liberals do. She feels "bad" about it then uses her clout to "make a change" but it all ends up being a bad idea. She'll just never see it that way.

- Frank Castle

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I cannot watch her. That yawning chasm between her ears is a black hole for intellect. Even watching her could suck precious brain matter from my head that I cannot afford to lose.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
It is tough to get past this awful picture... When you team up with family member Chuck all "reasonable" gun control goes right out the window...

- Frank Castle

Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I cannot watch her. That yawning chasm between her ears is a black hole for intellect. Even watching her could suck precious brain matter from my head that I cannot afford to lose.

I like Ben Shapiro's take on her. Most of her routine is about being slutty then when you call her on her behavior she acts indignant.

- Frank Castle

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
quote:

More misdirected than stupid I think. I've heard her interviewed for years on O & A and other shows. Doesn't give off the stupid vibe. Since there were some gun related deaths in one of her movies she does what all liberals do. She feels "bad" about it then uses her clout to "make a change" but it all ends up being a bad idea. She'll just never see it that way.

I also don't think she is low-IQ stupid. Ignorant, full of misdirected "feelings," and the belief that she knows more than she does. And she doesn't even know what she doesn't know. So she says stupid stuff.

I know the knock is that she may have some influence on some other low-information knucklehead, but I don't know if that is a huge risk. The ones she might influence are probably on that path already.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me take a stab at this....she's a moron. And I don't need to watch the provided video to render that diagnosis.

Almost. She's a moronic twatwaffle.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
What little I've heard come out of her mouth instantly turned me off and I've never supported anything she's done. I'll go ahead and keep it that way.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A clarification: not ALL gun purchases involve a 4473, although the grabbers would like to see that to be true. FTF sales between individuals not involving a licensed dealer don't have a 4473 OR a background check--a situation that the anti's want to shut down. (Can you say "universal background check"?) And, of course, black market sales on the street don't go through those formalities, either. IMO, since the greatest number of gun crimes/shootings take place in urban ghettos, I don't think the guns involved in those would have been subject to background checks or 4473s on the most recent transfers of ownership.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Touche'

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
My experience in earning the Boy Scout marksmanship merit badge, as a youthful woods tramper and hunter, as a small bore competitor, as a Marine, as a Marine Corps pistol competitor, as a civilian gun owner, shooter, and practical pistol competitor as well as the multitudinous hours of handgun and use of force training I've had make me perfectly qualified to say that her comedy is banal and reductive and she has no business being protected by the 1st Amendment either in the legal sense or the practical sense of fellow citizens allowing her to be other than 'de-platformed'.

Begone bitch.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:

I also don't think she is low-IQ stupid. Ignorant, full of misdirected "feelings," and the belief that she knows more than she does. And she doesn't even know what she doesn't know. So she says stupid stuff.
I never said low IQ. The "moron" comment was more about her behavior and commentary. She might be brilliant, but when she opens her pie hole to share thoughts, opinions, or even comedy, she comes off sounding like a moron. But she's famous (kinda) so her opinion is all that really matters anyway.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Cliff's Notes of this interview for those wise enough not to waste their time --

"I'm in a position where I can try to help..."

muddle-mann pretty well pegs self-important Amy Schumer.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8327 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
She's just a commie, anti-American, bitch. The only movie I'd watch with her in it is one where she gets her fat face slapped for two hours.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
A clarification: not ALL gun purchases involve a 4473, although the grabbers would like to see that to be true. FTF sales between individuals not involving a licensed dealer don't have a 4473 OR a background check--a situation that the anti's want to shut down. (Can you say "universal background check"?) And, of course, black market sales on the street don't go through those formalities, either. IMO, since the greatest number of gun crimes/shootings take place in urban ghettos, I don't think the guns involved in those would have been subject to background checks or 4473s on the most recent transfers of ownership.

flashguy

Tis true. the great "gunshow loophole" (IE legal person to person sales in states that allow it) but mine does not...

- Frank Castle

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Oh noes! One of the guys interviewing her is wearing a Guns n' Roses T-shirt! Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:

I never said low IQ. The "moron" comment was more about her behavior and commentary. She might be brilliant, but when she opens her pie hole to share thoughts, opinions, or even comedy, she comes off sounding like a moron. But she's famous (kinda) so her opinion is all that really matters anyway.

Then we agree.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Tis true. the great "gunshow loophole" (IE legal person to person sales in states that allow it) but mine does not...
I view the "gun show loophole" thing as it relates to FTF transactions as nothing more than the left's push to get all legal gun purchases on paper (4473). Once that's complete, then their incrementalism moves forward to a push for gun registration, which is much easier when 'all' legal purchases must occur via 4473. Of course this does nothing to address all illegal gun purchases, which coincidentally, happens to be the real problem. But why let that get in the way of their agenda.