SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friendship: women and men differ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friendship: women and men differ Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Friendship among Women: A woman didn't come home one night. The next morning she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend's house. The man called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew anything about it.

Friendship among Men: A man didn't come home one night. The next morning he told his wife that he had slept over at a friend's house. The woman called her husband's 10 best friends. Eight confirmed that he had slept over, and two said he was still there.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8944 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm MGTOW, seriously in this day and age why bother ever getting married...I truly see no value in it.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
I'm MGTOW, seriously in this day and age why bother ever getting married...I truly see no value in it.

I am aligned with this. There is nothing to gain, and half of everything to lose. Fuck that noise.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not absolutely MGTOW yet, but I know a woman can be your most intimate (and worst) enemy.
I tread lightly these days.
And for those of you with loving and supportive spouses, you have my compliments and respect!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I confess I had to Google MGTOW. I guess I'm doing that--I'm 80 and have never been married. I've also only ever had 3 dates--in college.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to google MGTOW.
I've been dating/living with the same girl for 20 years.

We each do our own thing. I will never get married after I what I have seen befall many a good men.

I see enough pain and suffering at work each night, there is no need for that possible drama on the home front.

We have each agreed that when it is over, it is over and we can go our own way without having to involve the courts.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. I like keeping both 1/2s of my income. Everyone I know is divorced, except 1 person my age (41). Everyone from college and high school, only 1.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That joke is funny and pretty true Big Grin

I also had to Google MGTOW. Getting married is simple IMO. If you want to have a family, you should get married.

Women are different than us, they are terrified of being abandoned and left alone, we look forward to being left alone often.

If you want to ask a woman to carry your child, raise it and nurture it, it's only fair to commit to her.

If you don't plan on having a family, I would never get married.

Having said all that, my three children are hands down the greatest thing in my life. So promising a woman I'd commit to her and her alone was a small price to pay.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
What does Maximum Gross Take Off Weight have to do with this??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
MGTOW

Everyone else looked it up and I still had to look it up (Men Going Their Own Way).

I'm in E.S.Dunbar's camp; and knee deep in Grandchildren.

Posts: 1350 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
That joke is funny and pretty true Big Grin

I also had to Google MGTOW. Getting married is simple IMO. If you want to have a family, you should get married.

Women are different than us, they are terrified of being abandoned and left alone, we look forward to being left alone often.

If you want to ask a woman to carry your child, raise it and nurture it, it's only fair to commit to her.

If you don't plan on having a family, I would never get married.

Having said all that, my three children are hands down the greatest thing in my life. So promising a woman I'd commit to her and her alone was a small price to pay.

This. I have 4. The oldest is only 10, and I know I'm in for wild times in the coming years, but man they're incredible little humans.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One comment on MGTOW, is that it's not a movement, it really is a personal choice. As a man, I am choosing to live my life the way I want not what society is consistently pushing. For me, it is truly Atlas Shrugged. I don't want kids and I will never get married; and specifically for me, I don't want relationships with women. Rather, I would rather spend my time and resources on what makes me a better person.

It's not anti-women, it's pro-men.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I've always wondered why two dudes wouldnt get married for the benefits and just live in seperate homes and date women? I guess that's gaming the system but people cheat have cheated on their spouses for years and they still got the tax deductions... Makes even more sense if your MGOTW and live in a state where it's legal.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
To be fair, I also have burdened my with with a spawn of ours, so I stay with her. Sure, she is awesome, but not as awesome as little dude is/ going to be. Not even two and we are trying to learn catch already. I dont think he gets it though

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
One comment on MGTOW, is that it's not a movement, it really is a personal choice. As a man, I am choosing to live my life the way I want not what society is consistently pushing. For me, it is truly Atlas Shrugged. I don't want kids and I will never get married; and specifically for me, I don't want relationships with women. Rather, I would rather spend my time and resources on what makes me a better person.

It's not anti-women, it's pro-men.

Don't worry, eventually the Slavery Party (formerly known as Democrats) will fix you. You will be assigned an ex-wife and kids so you can start paying alimony and child support. If you are prosperous, you'll probably be assigned more than one ex-wife.

It's only fair.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
And the emoji response when you send that same joke to your

wife - Mad

friend - Big Grin

....based on recent results.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

And I truly feel sorry for those who can't see the value in it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I've been married for more than 30 years and we have 3 beautiful children. I am even more in love with my wife today than I was the day I said "I do". I guess it isn't for everyone, but I wouldn't trade a day of having her by my side. And if I had to do it all over again, I would.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
What does Maximum Gross Take Off Weight have to do with this??

Maximum Gross Take Off Weight determines if a fella progresses from the first date, to the second date with a lady. If the weight of baggage exceeds the maximum capabilities of the airframe, it's a "no-go"! Cool

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post