SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Was Your Prom Song?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Was Your Prom Song? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Brown Chicken Brown Cow.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Static. I did not attend. Razz

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

( no prom for me)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blusmoke:
Never attended a prom

This. High school sucked monkey balls. Actually, I'll do you one better. From Jr high on, I never attended one school sponsored activity/dance/group event. I only made it to graduation because my mother drove me to make sure I went.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blusmoke:
Never attended a prom

Me neither.

One year, the high school reps on the prom panel, wanted to get the Beach Boys for our prom.
The band manager was contacted and they agreed to a price. We had more than enough money to get them. The Teachers that were part of the panel for planning the prom, said NO WAY.
We as a class, decided to boycott the prom.
After the prom was over, I found out that I was just about the only one in my 226 student class that boycotted the prom. I felt betrayed.
One of the Beach Boys was from our town.
Yeah, I know most were from Ca. but Al Jardine was from here.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Simple Minds - Don't you (Forget about Me)

Every time I think of this song I think of all the John Hughes movies and the like.
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Sixteen Candles
Pretty in Pink
Can’t Buy Me Love

I don’t know if we had a prom song. We ditched going to the prom and enjoyed an empty roller skating rink.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s almost 65 years ago but the songs were all from the 50s.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
probably something Prince.

i went to a 'black' high school so there wasn't much U2 or Simple Minds getting played. lol

it was a good event though as i recall.

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

“Smoke Gets in Your Eyes”

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
It was in 1966 .. Honestly can not remember. .......................drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Class of '76.

Moody Blues - Knights in White Satin with a segue into Tuesday Afternoon.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Class of 1967. Something by the Buckinghams. They were neighborhood boys starting to make it big. Can't remember what song.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
1988 Stairway to Heaven.

No, it was not an original pick.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My junior prom was Bryan Adams - Heaven and my senior prom was Phil Collins - One More Night.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
At a lively community club party a few years ago, the DJ asked for prom songs. Many rushed up with their songs written on the table pads. I asked the old couple at our table (they both had O2 tanks) if they could remember their prom song. The old lady said "I didn't go to my prom. (pause for breath) I was pregnant." I looked over at her husband. He had a sheepish grin. I've never laughed harder.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Lets see...

I went to 3 proms - the Senior prom in '75 as a junior.

... and before you ask - I skipped my Junior prom as a junior, because it was disco. And I didn't (and still don't) do disco.

Then the Junior prom as a senior in '76.

and finally the Senior prom as a senior.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Youngsters.
Ours was probably “Blue Moon”—not the Doo Wop version.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
"Louie Louie" or maybe "(I can't get no) Satisfaction"

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
He said PROM!

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Brown Chicken Brown Cow.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post