SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Kasich - WOW
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Kasich - WOW Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I won't say his name unless directed, but there was - he stopped posting a while back - a "never-Trump" member here who thought Kasich was hot shit. I wonder what he's thinking now. Probably can't wait to pull the lever for Biden. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
I remember when Kasich first came on the scene in the 90's. I really admired him. Seemed a happy upbeat conservative. What happened??

In the three-dimensional game of politics, the Dems moved themselves further to the left, meanwhile the press and academia became much more openly partisan and guys like Kasich, McCain, Romney, George Will, Kristol, etc failed to recognize the change and adapt to the landscape.

Will for example was such a hardcore Reagan supporter, that anybody else wasn't good enough, thus he torpedoed any GOP candidates and those that did win, was in spite of his writings.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the three-dimensional game of politics, the Dems moved themselves further to the left, meanwhile the press and academia became much more openly partisan and guys like Kasich, McCain, Romney, George Will, Kristol, etc failed to recognize the change and adapt to the landscape.

It's not that they "failed to recognize the change and adapt to the landscape." It's that they themselves shifted as the landscape shifted. Particularly the politicians [moreso than Will, Kristol who just became angry], who sought praise from the leftist media and moved left.

It's a truism that if you aren't firmly rooted in conservatism, you will gradually shift to the left. That's the direction the culture is pushing you.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
It's a truism that if you aren't firmly rooted in conservatism, you will gradually shift to the left. That's the direction the culture is pushing you.

Maybe most people. I'm a liberal in the "classical" sense. Most views I hold today are consistent with those I held fifty years ago or more.

If anything: I've probably moved somewhat right, rather than increasingly left, over the years, as the wisdom of experience has revealed to me the unrealistic nature of some of my views.

Modern "liberals" (see the last line of my signature block) aren't at all liberal. To them I look like a conservative--at best.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
To them I look like a conservative--at best.

What's the difference?

To me, I'm a conservative in that I believe that the founders vision for this country is worth conserving. That vision is a "classical liberal" vision. Sometimes I call myself a "classical liberal", which just confuses most people, so usually I'm just a conservative.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's not that they "failed to recognize the change and adapt to the landscape." It's that they themselves shifted as the landscape shifted. Particularly the politicians [moreso than Will, Kristol who just became angry], who sought praise from the leftist media and moved left.

I don't think they recognized that the changes were right under their own feet. Not only did their colleagues and the editorial boards that they work for become much more divisive and leftist, they stumbled as the linguist and rhetoric changed. They were getting lapped as word games amongst political opinion writers flourished, leaving them flustered and lashing out at the only group they had knowledge of, fellow conservatives. They bunkered down and reduced themselves to please like me emotional state, kowtowing to the liberal journalism establishment that would otherwise hold them up as the face of the enemy. They embodied the Swamp Creature many of us so despise, they had carved themselves a nice little niche in the Beltway now, they're on the outs from all sides, because they failed to recognize the changes in the landscape.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ That would jibe with the general cluelessness that prevailed at the top of the GOP for so many years back when Kristol had some pretensions to being important. I mean, the tea partiers were just redneck aberrations, right?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Kasich, Romney, and McCain. Have there ever been any worse RINOs than these three a**holes?

The three traitor amigos.

You left out Jeff Flake.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...r-gop-congress-biden

There are a lot of non principled losers out there in the RINO party...

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The local news aka democratic shill has a bigger byline for the two former gop reps from Maryland that endorsed mumbles

Fuck them all

quote:
Originally posted by dwood4:
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...r-gop-congress-biden

There are a lot of non principled losers out there in the RINO party...

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
When I was in 8th grade, we had the opportunity to go to DC for a 4 day field trip. It was the first year Kasich was our representative. He welcomed the whole 8th grade into his office over 3 days and met with all of us. It was really cool for a 13 year old to actually meet their congressman.

I never had a poor opinion of him as a kid and young adult living in his district. As his career progressed, he changed and lost his way.

As far as I am concerned, he is a Democrat now, and not a very good one at that...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he did not get his way and was mad about it.
I could have told him not to waste money running,he could not have gotten elected as governor again in Ohio at that point.

Unfortunately we have one now very similar in Ohio.
He loves power and control. Dewine is the reason we not have Sherrod Brown as aenator from OHio.
Dewine flipped like a Dem while he was in his first and only Term as a Senator. Then they drug him out to run for Governor. I think his brother was the head of the Rep party in Ohio at that time?
No many people in Ohio can stand Kasich.
It is very hard to get a conservative elected to gov in Ohio as well as a Senator.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Kasich, Romney, and McCain. Have there ever been any worse RINOs than these three a**holes?

The worst part to me is, I voted for two of those assholes, twice.

I am not bragging but I voted for all 3. The hall of shame for me. I guess I just voted against their opponent.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Originally posted by divil:

BTW Kasich is non self actualized, sore looser with no integrity.

Which he highlighted by not attending Trump's first convention held in Cleveland. POS!

To show the similarities, to the Gov now, Dewine did not go see Trump a couple weeks ago, when he visited Cleveland.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Democrat Georgia State representative Vernon Jones is a far better Republican than Kasich, Romney, McCain together.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Democrat Georgia State representative Vernon Jones is a far better Republican than Kasich, Romney, McCain together.

No doubt. Gets back to principles. I have hopes for Jones. Showed some balls coming out for Trump.

Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
Well now the spot light is on another traitor. What is Romni going to do?

posted Hide Post
Ah yes, Pierre Delecto.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
agree

traitor

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shove him up a Biden supporters ass, where he belongs. Thank you!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post