SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Freedom Munitions 5.56 Reman Case Failure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freedom Munitions 5.56 Reman Case Failure Login/Join 
posted
I bought 500 rounds of 5.56 Remanufactured ammunition from Freedom Munitions for use as I prepare for a skills test at Front Sight. I've been going to the range each Friday for about a month to practice.

Last Friday i experienced what I initially thought was a Type 3 malfunction. It turns out a case ripped in half and the two pieces of the case were locking up the action. Neither I, nor the rifle, was damaged.

I took a picture of the case and sent it to Freedom Munitions with a note detailing the events. They're sending me a UPS label to return the unfired ammunition and have said they will reimburse me for the value of the ammo I return.

I've probably shot 2,000 rounds of this type of ammunition from Freedom without a problem. That said, I'm not going to buy any more.I realize this was a rare event but I'd really hate to have a serious accident.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Good of them to reimburse you, at least. I had the same issue with Remington bulk .223 several years ago and was essentially told to pound sand.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I buy from Freedom and have bought the reman in the past, still have probably 500/600 rounds of .223 and 5.56. I decided a year or so ago that the difference in price isn't that much any more so I only buy new. I will shoot the remanufactured up and be done with it. Glad neither you or your firearm suffered any damage.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post