SIGforum
My other PC hates me today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8210067174

June 30, 2020, 08:49 AM
0-0
My other PC hates me today
W10 has a switch to select public or private. Must select the ethernet or wifi connection on the left and then you should be able to find it. Takes a little digging.

W7 is slightly more twisted. Must disable all network connections, delete the one you want and refresh. Once it's detected once again, with a different # it shoult ask if new detected connection is private or public.
Once set, enable other Nics and carry on.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
June 30, 2020, 09:14 AM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
W10 has a switch to select public or private. Must select the ethernet or wifi connection on the left and then you should be able to find it. Takes a little digging.

W7 is slightly more twisted. Must disable all network connections, delete the one you want and refresh. Once it's detected once again, with a different # it shoult ask if new detected connection is private or public.
Once set, enable other Nics and carry on.

0-0

FWIW, the Firewall Profile makes zero difference on Internet connection ability.
It can however, affect local network connections.
June 30, 2020, 05:43 PM
XinTX
Changed my network config to modem - router - switch - PC and now it's working.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul