SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody want a SD card?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody want a SD card? Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
I found a SD card, I don't have any devices that use this. It is a Lexar 'Platinum II' 512MB 60x speed card. I know that isn't much storage space, but...

This isn't a karma, whoever says they want it first gets it.

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
May I have this treasure please?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5052 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Send me an email with your mailing address.

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
4MUL8R, Let us know if your PC starts smoking. 512Mb is plenty large enough to hold all sorts of nastiness! Eek

In all seriousness, be careful where you plug something like this in. It's been found honestly, I'm sure, but who 'lost it' in the first place and what did they put on it. That would be my fear.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
4MUL8R, Let us know if your PC starts smoking. 512Mb is plenty large enough to hold all sorts of nastiness! Eek

In all seriousness, be careful where you plug something like this in. It's been found honestly, I'm sure, but who 'lost it' in the first place and what did they put on it. That would be my fear.

No one "lost" this, it was in a device that no longer works. It had pictures of my great niece on it. Happy now?

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
quote:

No one "lost" this, it was in a device that no longer works. It had pictures of my great niece on it. Happy now?

I'm sure his response wasn't malicious. People have been known to leave thumb drives and other storage devices around in an attempt to upload malicious content to unsuspecting computers. You saying you don't have a device that uses that type of atorage would lead me to believe you found it as well.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I will put this card in a hp50g calculator. Thanks for sharing.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5052 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
quote:

I'm sure his response wasn't malicious. People have been known to leave thumb drives and other storage devices around in an attempt to upload malicious content to unsuspecting computers. You saying you don't have a device that uses that type of atorage would lead me to believe you found it as well.

No, I didn't mean to cause that sort of reaction. You said you found it. I've seen the damage that can be done by using a unknown found storage device like this. It was simply a warning that unknown found devices shouldn't be treated as safe. Heck I'm careful with the ones I buy at a store for that matter.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post