SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I thought this was a joke, but nope. Official US Navy account has seal with eagle wearing a mask.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I thought this was a joke, but nope. Official US Navy account has seal with eagle wearing a mask. Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Can you imagine the guffaws in Beijing, Tehran and North Korea? And their cover photo - a sailor on the deck of a ship ON THE OCEAN wearing a mask. How embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/USNavy

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ugggh I’m at a lose for words

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Disgusting.

Their emblem should be replaced with a mask wearing vagina. And I say this as a former Naval Reserve Officer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only is the bird masked, the Swabbie is too. On an open deck! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

He might know something about the photographer!! Wink

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

He might know something about the photographer!! Wink

Never trust a Photographers Mate when he's smiling while photographing you!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its amazing how far we have fallen in a year and a half

we now have a demented sexual predator as president, a whore as vice-president and military emblems are shown with masks

we've become the laughing stock

Somalia probably has a better world perception than we do

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Disgusting.

Their emblem should be replaced with a mask wearing vagina. And I say this as a former Naval Reserve Officer.

Pretty sure that's called a thong.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't think of a "better" place for the spread of COVID than a naval vessel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...demic_on_naval_ships

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:

Oh stop it. This is nothing special. Gawd, the ignorance is suffocating. I work on a ship for a living. Viruses spread on ship like wildfire. A stupid cloth mask on a ship, which is the point if this thread, is like a bunch of fireman fighting a raging forest fire with handheld fire extinguishers. Ain't going to do jackshit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fucking embarrassing.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yeah those face masks do so little it's not worth the fuss. And putting one on the official seal is propaganda. I almost don't recognize this culture anymore. When I was growing up I had an uncle who was Navy through and through. He was a WWII veteran and battle proven. He was a work-hardened man. So much so, he scared me with his no nonsense manner. If he were alive today and saw this seal, he would spit fire and we all would scatter.

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You wanna know what's worse?

This same Navy is seriously thinking about giving tests in Spanish!

I had high hopes for this CNO but, he's just about tapped-out all of my sympathy. Make sure you've take your blood pressure meds before reading.

Navy Recruiting Could See Changes Following Diversity Listening Sessions
quote:
The Navy is considering changes to how it recruits sailors – including offering its aptitude test in another language – after receiving feedback from the fleet.

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Mike Gilday said today the service is weighing the possibility for potential recruits to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test, required from all recruits, in Spanish.

“Everybody has to have a command of the English language to serve in the U.S. military, but some people might do better in a written exam like that if it’s in Spanish,” Gilday said during a virtual forum hosted by the Center for New American Security.

“And so, why not offer that to get a better sense of what their attributes are – what their aptitude is – so that we place them in an optimum career path in the Navy that turns it into a win-win for them and for the institution.”

In addition to adding a Spanish-language option, the service is evaluating how it uses standardized test scores to screen candidates for its ROTC program. Gilday noted that the current SAT score average for the program is 1450, but the requirements may have inadvertently hindered the service’s recruitment of minority applicants.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure they've vaccinated everyone also. I know they sent commands over to the base theater to stand in line for a couple hours to get the shots. Every sailor, gov employee and contractor. They gave me my 2nd shot a couple weeks ago and i was one of the last.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
How are they going to understand all the Powerpoints if they only read Spanish?? Big Grin

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh stop it. This is nothing special. Gawd, the ignorance is suffocating. I work on a ship for a living. Viruses spread on ship like wildfire. A stupid cloth mask on a ship, which is the point if this thread, is like a bunch of fireman fighting a raging forest fire with handheld fire extinguishers. Ain't going to do jackshit.

If you work on a ship and know that viruses spread like wildfire you'd know to take every possible measure to slow their spread.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you work on a ship and know that viruses spread like wildfire you'd know to take every possible measure to slow their spread.

Like wearing a bubble suit?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

*sigh*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's disgusting and embarrassing! Shame on them!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post