SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's better than MacCallan 12?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's better than MacCallan 12? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My favorite "special occasion " scotch is Glenlivet 21 year. Amazingly smooth.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Holy shit. After the Dalwhinnie has been opened for a day, it smoothed out incredibly. Some niblets of 2 year Gouda and aged goat cheese and that's nirvana. I wish I'd have started an hour earlier.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I received a couple of bottles of Mac15 for my 65th. Tried some neat and wasn't impressed, but when I added ice and a wee bit of water, the stuff went down quite nicely.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Holy shit. After the Dalwhinnie has been opened for a day, it smoothed out incredibly. Some niblets of 2 year Gouda and aged goat cheese and that's nirvana. I wish I'd have started an hour earlier.

This is sometimes the case for me as well. Every once in a while I encoumter a bottle that needs to sit for a while after opening. I will have a dram, put it on the shelf and let it sit a week or two. Balvenie Double Cask was that way for me. Mellowed out, and the chemical taste dissipated. Turned out to be a great bottle.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm a fan of Oban 14

That's funny. I just popped back in here to recommend this. I'm sipping on it right now in fact. It's excellent. It reminds me of my Dalwhinnie.

I'm surprised it took a page and a half to come up. It's also not too pricy at around $55 a bottle.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ Aged Gouda is my favorite when drinking whisk(e)y.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post